Water bladder quick connect compatability

I've searched and not found clear answers. Hopefully someone here knows.

What water bladder quick connect fittings are compatible, if any.

For instance, will the sawyer quick connect fittings properly mate and seal with platypus quick connect fittings?

What about camelbak fittings? Are they compatible with any?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AZ Ron

Lil-Rokslider
I've found that sawyer quick connect fittings work with platypus and 'newer' camelbak bladders. Some of my older camelbak bladders do not work with the sawyer quick connect fittings.

I've used the fittings to connect my sawyer squeeze filter as an inline filter, and to make 'adapters' to fit onto sawyer (or other brand) squeeze bags to be able to fill my bladders without removing them from the pack.

OP
silverbullet555
I've found that sawyer quick connect fittings work with platypus and 'newer' camelbak bladders. Some of my older camelbak bladders do not work with the sawyer quick connect fittings.

I've used the fittings to connect my sawyer squeeze filter as an inline filter, and to make 'adapters' to fit onto sawyer (or other brand) squeeze bags to be able to fill my bladders without removing them from the pack.
Thank you. And that is what I am working on.

OP
silverbullet555
Awesome information everyone. It seems like quite a few of the quick disconnects are compatible.

reaperukon

Lil-Rokslider
I added a quick connect setup to my line on the platypus system just before the clean bag and after the filter. This lets me use the clean bag to fill my bladder still in the bag. The camelbak bite valve quick connect comes out and the platypus line goes in. Worked really slick during this last 7d elk trip. Eliminated a lot of wasted time moving bags back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
silverbullet555
Do any of these have auto shutoff valves. When refilling my bags the pressure of the pack creates a bit of a mess.