How to clean a bloody pack?

frankrb3

WKR
I just throw it in the bathtub with hot water and some mild detergent and scrub it with a brush. I used to take my issued military pack to the DIY carwash on our base and I would blast it with a power washer. Never hurt anything but I haven't tried it on any of my own packs yet. Worked really well at getting stubborn stains though and I would do it again on my own packs if I ever feel the need. It's also fast and keeps you mostly dry.

One, fill large cooler full of water and soap. Drop pack into cooler and just let it sit overnight. Pull out, hose off.

if you wash a pack , I always find going to a coin laundry the ticket.

Spray it out on the driveway with the hose if fresh. Throw it in the washer with whatever soap my wife has in the laundry room if it needs more.

Jardo

WKR
Cold water removes blood stains. Hot water will permanently set the stain. Trust me on this. I used to wrk in hotel laundry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

frankrb3

WKR
Cold water removes blood stains. Hot water will permanently set the stain. Trust me on this. I used to wrk in hotel laundry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol, can you tell us where that hotel is so we can all stay the hell away from there.

I've always hit the pack with some spray n wash them fill up bathtub with warm water and detergent and hand soak for 20 minutes and then hand wash massaging the pack through the water till clean then refill tub and rinse well and hang outside till dry. works great.

I throw the entire pack in the tub (empty of coarse). And usually first take a shower with it on the floor. I flip it over a few times and just let the water wash away a bunch of the grime.

After that I soak it a few times with the tub full and add a pile of baking soda. I do a bit of hand washing/ drain and refill the tub a few times apply more baking soda each time.

I don’t worry about getting the stains out because I don’t really care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
2 parts hydrogen peroxide mixed with 1 part Dawn dish soap.

Wet pack and then spray this mixture on and scrub with a brush. I've hauled 3 bears with my pack and it still looks brand new after using this mixture each time. The Dawn really helps to get that bear grease out too.

Sealee12

Lil-Rokslider
2 parts hydrogen peroxide mixed with 1 part Dawn dish soap.

Wet pack and then spray this mixture on and scrub with a brush. I've hauled 3 bears with my pack and it still looks brand new after using this mixture each time. The Dawn really helps to get that bear grease out too.

+1 on the Dawn dish soap and Peroxide. I have also had good luck with plain white vinegar, which we also use for fish slime stains as well. An overnight coldwater soak to start really helps.

Beanyray

FNG
I soak in cold water and after a day or so I remove from the water and sprinkle baking soda on any blood spots remaining and let it sit for a while, it turns red so I'm assuming it's doing something good. I wipe the baking soda of and soak again. Works great, pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk