Kifaru bag options

matthewmt

WKR
For the guys more experienced I'm looking into something a little bigger and with other features than my woodsman, I also owned a mountain warrior.
I like the meat shelf and center zip but feel like I could use a little more room. Using the bladder sleeve with a full bladder it cuts into bag capacity. Considered running a couple spotting scope pockets on both sides of the woodsman for my bugle, tripod, or just stuffing other gear/layers in them for quicker access. I do have a guide lid but trying to cut some weight I haven't been running it.
Curious about some of the newer bags (fulcrum/crater) or even older bags. Dt2 looks like it has what I'd like but wasn't sure if it had a meat shelf.
I have wanted to try the reckoning so maybe that would be an option. Any input on these bags or others that can double as day packs would be appreciated.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Yep sounds like you want a Reckoning. I love mine. I also hang my hydration pouch outside the pack on the front of it, not on the back between the frame and bag. This one

Amazon.com: CamelBak ArmorBak Mil Spec Antidote Hydration Backpack Coyote 62590, One Size: Sports & Outdoors

Adds a few ounces but it makes it easier to refill it and it looks like its supposed to be there.

vKIsrP2.jpg

Yep sounds like you want a Reckoning. I love mine. I also hang my hydration pouch outside the pack on the front of it, not on the back between the frame and bag. This one

Amazon.com: CamelBak ArmorBak Mil Spec Antidote Hydration Backpack Coyote 62590, One Size: Sports & Outdoors

Adds a few ounces but it makes it easier to refill it and it looks like its supposed to be there.

vKIsrP2.jpg

Nice set up. My woodsman meets my needs but i like the bladder idea. That has been something i have wanted to improve.

OP
matthewmt

matthewmt

WKR

vKIsrP2.jpg
I like that concept, how does it affect the center zip if you need to access the main compartment? And how are you attaching it to the pack?
I have a couple older similar military maybe usmc bladder carriers I could customize.

ChrisAU

WKR
I’ll get some better pics this week. It just buckles to the vertical webbing on the reckoning. Once you hook the buckles to that webbing you can just unbuckle them to remove the pouch and access the mid zip.

ChrisAU

WKR
Heres how it is attached. Just uses the buckles that come with the camelbak, there are multiple ways to do it.

OOlObyw.jpg

OkQwu5M.jpg

I run a Reckoning right now. I love the center zip, and like the side pockets, but if I were to do it again, I'd want long zippers down the side pockets, i.e. a Fulcrum. On my to-do list is to add some pockets, and a lid, for longer hunts.

OP
matthewmt

matthewmt

WKR
I run a Reckoning right now. I love the center zip, and like the side pockets, but if I were to do it again, I'd want long zippers down the side pockets, i.e. a Fulcrum. On my to-do list is to add some pockets, and a lid, for longer hunts.
Does the reckoning have side pockets?

OP
matthewmt

matthewmt

WKR
Heres how it is attached. Just uses the buckles that come with the camelbak, there are multiple ways to do it.

OOlObyw.jpg

OkQwu5M.jpg
Thanks for the pics that looks legit. I'll have to see how my bladder carries are setup.

pew

Lil-Rokslider
Does the reckoning have side pockets?

Yes, two of them. They are however “open” slot pockets that access from the top. Perfect for me to put “grab n go” stuff in. I use them for spotter, tripod, and rain gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pew

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry, when I say slot, I don’t mean zero cubic inches. I meant that the don’t have “absolute” closure like Velcro or zippers. They do bellow out when needed and add a good amount of storage, and they fold away very nicely when not in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk