EXO Mountain Gear Question

JDB9818

WKR
I actually did the exact same thing. I love the layout of the Exo bag, but I spent the elk season trying to get comfortable with the pack. I came home and tried a SG and that frame and pack just work better for me.

Absolutely think the Exo is a great pack but the SG just fit me better. Can’t go wrong either way.

OP
11bhank

11bhank

FNG
Yes, the x-frame. I’ll have to try it out in the field before I brag too much. However, walking around weighted down it feels very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get my EXO today, can't wait to try out. Hoping I won't have same issues with fit, I shouldn't I got some junk in the trunk 😂. Coming from the backpacking world, bags are like boots. No one answer for everyone.

pyrannah

Lil-Rokslider
i am having the same issue as the original poster

been driving me crazy!!!!

i know this is old thread but still a good read

JNDEER

WKR
I am not an EXO expert but have owned all their packs and still own two of them.

Something that helped me with these packs and testing all the packs I have looked at this year chasing the unicorn is this:

put some weight in the pack... anyway you would like. Now- put on the shoulder straps and cinch them down to where it feels comfortable for you. Now stand up straight or have just a slight forward lean and grab both sides of the waist belt and pull around your hips as if you were going to snap them. Don’t try and move the belt or frame up or down to get them into the correct position (centered over hip).. it should just wrap around naturally. If it doesn’t raise or lower the shoulder straps and repeat.

having tried to go the other way like many manf. Suggest (belt first then should straps) can lead sometimes to getting a pack you think is correct based on marks on the harness- but when you stand more upright or start to move/walk the frame shifts or sags or applies too much pressure.

after you have it set correctly.... NOW you can test proper placement of the load you are testing (sand, dirt, concrete) etc. start putting the load at the bottom of the frame cinched down and go for a walk. Then move the lid up about 1” or so maybe a tad more and cinch it down and repeat. Different heights of the load will greatly, IMO, effect the comfort.

Also- every pack I have /had the company has always done everything they could to help get the pack to fit correctly on my frame

Attachments

• 0679B669-609E-48F1-8E18-5664D1666B88.jpeg
    0679B669-609E-48F1-8E18-5664D1666B88.jpeg
    344.5 KB · Views: 39

Jbxl20

WKR
I had the same issue as well. 35lbs feels fine 50-60lbs it kept wanting to slide down my butt. I took the shim out of the back (EXOs recommendation) and adjusted the hip belt until it fit more snug.

Jbxl20

WKR
Open up the lumbar pad on the back of the belt. Small flat shim. I called EXO and they were happy to help.

ExoMtnGear

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
i am having the same issue as the original poster

been driving me crazy!!!!

i know this is old thread but still a good read
Hey @pyrannah, we can help get that fixed for you with a few adjustments. Send me some photos of you wearing the pack facing directly to the camera and to the side. You can send them here: [email protected].

Thanks,

Superdoo

WKR
Hey @pyrannah, we can help get that fixed for you with a few adjustments. Send me some photos of you wearing the pack facing directly to the camera and to the side. You can send them here: [email protected].

Thanks,
This 👆👆👆👆
Always start with the manufacturer. The forums are great, but you want to talk with the people who have answered your question several times a day from individuals of every shape and size.
That also gives you a chance to see how well they practice customer service. If you don't like how they handle your issue, you can send it back knowing there is at least 3 other companies that would be happy to help you.**

**That point was made knowing that the four major brands are all known for great customer service.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
Jake helped me out. Email him and he’ll get you straight.

I just went for a training ruck this morning with a 50lb bag of cement and pushed two kids in a stroller. The pack felt great.

I think I have a shorter back. I lowered the straps all the way down on the frame and kept the frame short. It seems to work for me. It got more of the weight on my hips and it feels better to me. I also recommend the crib panel to keep the load up higher.

But you do you. Good luck!