Kuiu

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
I know when kuiu packs first came about they didnt have the best rep but how are the new ones?

Personally havnt had any issues with mine. Overall very pleased with the comfort fit and weight of pack system. There are a few things Im not overly fond of though. I think the new frames are better. But their bag designs could be use some improvement. Im also not a huge fan of when you buy a new pack it comes with a bundle of extra straps but zero direction on how to use then or where and how they attach. I know they are so you can strap more to the pack but how?
I dont have much experience with other brands so im looking foward to being able to purchas and compare other brands.

The one I had was a great pack. It suffered in waist belt comfort when getting heavy. When comparing it to My Kifaru's the belt padding was about 1" to 1.5" shorter on each side. It just didn't wrap the pelvic bone as good. Now, the way the belt attaches to the male and female buckle helped that but, it did seem to matter once loads got heavy. I carried 83 pounds in mine numerous times while training. It did just fine. I bought it for my wife but, the torso wouldn't adjust short enough. So, i used the sale to purchase her a Kifaru. I kinda regret doing that now as it is a streamlined system that I really liked.

It isn't as comfortable as my Kifaru's but, I don't carry 83 pounds around a lot either. My only advice is if you have a 35 inch waist or larger, just go with the large belt system. Whatever you decide, the system is a solid choice from my experience. I think you'll like it just fine.

I've been using an ultra pack for the last few years with both a 3000 and 6000 bags. I have really liked the pack and it's ability to use it as a day pack and come out heavy with a load. Before season this year i upgraded the suspension to the icon pro. Packed out a sheep and a bull elk with the new suspension and loved it. The heaviest load was a hind quarter and the full head and rack from the bull. The pack stayed on my hips really well. I did like the full ultra pack system but the upgrade in suspension was a noticeable difference.

LaHunter

WKR
The Icon Pro is a very good pack. I've had one since they first came out and have hauled 3 mule deer with it. Train every summer with just over 70 lbs in the Louisiana heat and humidity. The belt stays in place great, even though I'm soaking wet from sweat. In my opinion, the Icon Pro belt is very comfortable with the perfect amount of padding and structure. Most I have hauled was a bit over 100 lbs, but I will not do that again. The 5200 bag layout is perfect for me, I like the pockets for organization. Just like any pack, getting it adjust properly to get it set up for your body is essential.

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had my 7200 for nearly 2 years now. For just getting gear in and out, and hunting with, it’s fine. I actually love their bag as it has lots of pockets that I can keep all my little crap organized in.

The downfall for me is when it’s loaded. I’ve packed a bear and 3 elk with it. I’ve gotten better at loading it, so it alleviates some of the suck, but my shoulders and neck are wrecked. A couple weeks ago I packed a bull hind and front on trip 1 for just under 4 miles, and putting the pack on the next morning was crap. A few days later I took a cows hind, front, and straps/loins out, and same result.

I have noticed some wear on the buckles and clips now after a few heavy loads and hiking with it in the off-season that may present some issues in the long term.

It’s definitely manageable though. I bought mine on a budget, and it has done it’s job. I can stuff a lot of crap in that bag. If I can swing it, I would like to try out a Kifaru and Stone Glacier before my next trip though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my 5200 ICON Pro this spring and I must say that so far its been a great pack for me. I have been doing the back county pack hunting before it became the thing to do & DIY, I used a lot of low end packs over the years. I looked at and tried the top brands the past few years and I am very happy with my choice KUIU. I used it quite a lot this spring & summer before elk season. I like the organization of it, it packs tight & solid with room for too much if you are not careful. Did great on my 6 day elk hunt with a few miles up and 1000+' gain. It doesn't loosen up but I didn't get to pack meat.

I've run the Icon Pro 1850 since 2014. It's been a great little pack for my day trips. I've refit it to myself numerous times with 60lbs of plates wrapped in a towel inside of the bag to find the configuration that feels the most comfortable. I run my tripod, and spotter in the water bottle side pockets, and my glassing seat, then bow flat on the back. I'm sure the newest version is even better, but I've always been happy with the one I have.