That one thing that you didn't have.....

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
I am leaving tomorrow for a four night trip to bow hunt in the mountains near home. I've been through my gear the past few days and have added more than I probably need. It finally came to me last night the one thing I have really needed on each trip that I continue to forget. Anybody with any sense about being out in the backcountry doesn't carry a stitch of cotton. I have tried in vain so many times to clean my sunglasses, dry my binocular lenses or dry my face after a wash. I finally remembered this time to include a cotton handkerchief. Simple yet so effective when needed.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

My wife is a Norwex consultant, or once was. They sold a very absorbent little hand towel and wash cloth. They work great for everything from washing up to cleaning up dishes. They are
anti microbial, dry quickly and weigh nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
My wife is a Norwex consultant, or once was. They sold a very absorbent little hand towel and wash cloth. They work great for everything from washing up to cleaning up dishes. They are
anti microbial, dry quickly and weigh nothing.

My wife is involved in that pyramid scheme. We have those towels all over the house lol. I'm pretty sure they even make a towel for cleaning lenses because she had asked if I wanted one for Christmas last year.

They make a product for everything and I’m not trying to promote the brand, but we too have them all over the house and they work. The product that is in my cook kit is a 5x5 wash cloth that I use to clean everything up with and a hand towel that is 10x16 or so that I keep in the truck. It’s enough to dry my entire body in a pinch. For all the several thousands of dollars that I’ve spent due to reading on forums like this one this is my contribution. Rip off two norwex cloths from someone’s wife! You won’t regret it.

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
My wife confirmed it. It's called an optics scarf. She said you can even get it in camo lol

BRWNBR

WKR
Toilet paper. Always have a tid bit in my pocket for lenses. I also wear cotton boxers. I’ve tried the synthetics but can’t stand them.

I hunt one spot every chance I get and it’s a lot of sitting over water. Some how I forget a butt pad to sit on every time. I’m not sure what I need to do to remember that thing.

BRWNBR

WKR
I hunt one spot every chance I get and it’s a lot of sitting over water. Some how I forget a butt pad to sit on every time. I’m not sure what I need to do to remember that thing.

I got a cheap foam pad for sleeping on cut it into thirds and a piece goes everywhere with me. Remember it once and you’ll carry it forever! Makes a great addition to your tent floor for keeping your feet on as well. Or standing on to get dressed or....

K

Kootenay Hunter

Toilet paper. Always have a tid bit in my pocket for lenses. I also wear cotton boxers. I’ve tried the synthetics but can’t stand them.

try a good pair of merino, you won't go back to cotton.

I am leaving tomorrow for a four night trip to bow hunt in the mountains near home. I've been through my gear the past few days and have added more than I probably need. It finally came to me last night the one thing I have really needed on each trip that I continue to forget. Anybody with any sense about being out in the backcountry doesn't carry a stitch of cotton. I have tried in vain so many times to clean my sunglasses, dry my binocular lenses or dry my face after a wash. I finally remembered this time to include a cotton handkerchief. Simple yet so effective when needed.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
I always carry a lens cloth in my bino pack and use it a lot between cleaning sunglasses, binos, spotter, rifle scope, etc.