Initial Ascent review and thread

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
That's good to hear Les. It looks like another great option for backcountry hunters.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

SWOHTR

WKR
The sling tabs...look like they would be prone to hook on everything? Or not? It looks like I'd be fighting every piece of brush up and down every mountain in the Northwest.

Team Initial Ascent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the feedback...we have had this frame in the backcountry for over 4 years. We have tested it in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Alaska, and throughout the Pacific Northwest, and that has not been a problem. We did an extensive amount of testing in Oregon where there is a lot more vegetation compared to over here in Idaho. No concerns with it hanging up on brush, trees etc... Keep the questions coming, we want to make sure we get them answered.
Thanks!
Joe
Initial Ascent

Team Initial Ascent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Shane that is a great question and one that we have discussed in detail. We know there is need for a smaller bag and I am confident we will come out with one. Hard to say on the timeline... I can say with a high level of confidence that we will have a 6000 cubic inch bag in 2019. We have several other new product launches that we will launch or showcase at the Western Hunt Expo this year that will be SIGNIFICANT. We would love to hear from everyone on what they would like to see in a smaller pack.

Thanks!
Joe
Initial Ascent

JP100

WKR
Interesting to see more options on the market.

As noted above those rifle tab things look like they would cause alot of issues.
Id be hacking them off with the hacksaw haha.

Will be interesting to see how they go

Rican0624

Lil-Rokslider
Got to try one of these out at the sportsman show. Just tried it on with the 40lbs or so that they had loaded on it so not a real test or anything but for initial impressions I was very impressed. The guys that run it are really cool as well. Definitely going to pick one up eventually.

Pwells10

WKR
I'm kind of a pack freak in my mind. Have a ton. Tried these on before and love them. For the field I cant say much as I dont own one. But from what I could tell they are extremely comfy and durable. Definitely getting one in the future.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here's Sam's cliff test of the new Gen2 4K Initial Ascent. There is an ongoing review here if you want to follow.