Kifaru Sherman pocket / gun bearer

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I for one am pretty excited about this little pocket. Will be perfect for attaching to my Antero like a grab it for hunts out of the tree stand then use it as a little lid or gun bearer on the larger packs. I love my Native but sometimes it's a little large for what I'm needing and doesn't have the extra internal organization.

[video=youtube;GbJYXwh4NNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbJYXwh4NNw[/video]

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
This is an awesome addition to their line up. I hope I get one for Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yep, that just turned the cargo net into the PERFECT day hunting setup with the ability to carry stuff you'd previously need pockets for. Makes it easy to compress clothing against the frame during cold weather hunts, while having a place for electronics, kill kit, food etc..... It also turns the smaller packs into a legitimate day pack during cold weather hunts where optics are mandatory. My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her I wasn't sure yet but it was going to be hunting related. Looks like I found it

I asked about a blaze orange option - it is not currently on the radar but it is being suggested to their design team. It makes sense, as it is somewhat geared towards rifle hunting, that a blaze option be available. Dayna was great in answering my questions and customer service still is top notch and appreciated.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I don't think that this will be anything that I can incorporate into my system. However, I bought a medium sized pocket to put on the side of my AMR to hold the butt of my rifle. That has worked great for me.

I love the way that Kifaru is offering different options that aren't always cookie-cutter company standards. Keep up the good work.

I asked about a blaze orange option - it is not currently on the radar but it is being suggested to their design team. It makes sense, as it is somewhat geared towards rifle hunting, that a blaze option be available. Dayna was great in answering my questions and customer service still is top notch and appreciated.

Even if they just did blaze on the one side to be exposed when folded down to carry a rifle.

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider

I would definitely consider purchasing a blaze orange one as well.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just picked one up on my way to AZ for elk. Planning to use it as the grab it like aron shows in the video. I’ll take pics best I can and post how I use the pockets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I sometimes take my 14R as a carry on when flying. I think this will be a great addition in place of the grab it. I can access it while traveling instead of going into the main bag. Between that an the lid pocket I should be all set.

frankrb3

WKR
Looks like it will fit perfectly on the molle matrix panel on my 22 magnum. I would be interested in blaze orange as well.

Btaylor

WKR
That is pretty much exactly what I have been looking high and low for to use as a whitetail bag. Could hook directly to the hang on stand and function as compression for sticks and extra layers as well as hauling meat out if you are in deep. Only thing I couldnt tell if it had was a small loop up at the top so you could hang it on a hook once you are in the tree.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
fe21fd2e9a59eda70f4383e2e78c26f2.jpg

On the Muskeg 2800 with 2 medium belt pockets. I really like it so far, more so than a lid. Holds a pair of 15’s perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Btaylor

WKR
Jordan, would a peak designs clip attach to the molle strap on the front of the bag? Also, if I am looking at it right, with one additional strap with QR buckles and 2 K clips could you not run it as a fanny pack of sorts off the side loops then re-clip to run the strap over the top and use it as a hanger for a tree hook or even as a shoulder strap?