What Would You Like to See From Kifaru 2019

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
As Alaska Bowman stated "I'd love to see a return of the Timberline bags with some modifications. Would like to to have a rolltop lid option, a zipper on the side of the two front pockets with independent compression straps, similar to how the zipper/straps function on the Muskeg (rather than the bungee and bottom zipper) and keep the two side pockets.. all in x-pac!"

This!!!!!!!

manitou1

WKR
A Reckoning style bag with integrated storage pockets that they don't charged exhorbatant prices for!

modify the urban ruck to make dedicated treestand pack. just sew a normal framesheet in, flip the lid so it opens the other way, and attach the grab handle right at the top of the shoulder straps instead of putting it on the lid. put zippered access to the lid pocket on both sides so you can get into the same pocket when it's closed or open.

I would so buy one if it had molle on it and or the pockets like on the eastern ruck

deadwolf

WKR
The best pack they ever made!

Hands down! But I think an updated version (hint hint ) needs to be made entirely from xpac. And I know this may be my finicky personal preference, but I loved the two open pockets with the bungee cinch closure on either side of the main zipper. If only those were on the fulcrum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to see a 3-4k bag, panel and top load, with zippered side pockets (like a Nomad 2), and molle around the bottom (like a reckoning), and 2 pockets on the front (like the timberlines). Just a dream I know, but without hope- where are we?

The best pack they ever made!

Yup, still rocking my EMRII form 2014 with no end in sight. My buddy bought a ****rum and it has some cool features but just isn't an EMRIII.

Id like to see a small day pack with good shoulder straps that attaches and works like a grab-it, and can work as a sherman pocket.

sometimes I wish my woobie had a hood....

No plans in sight to get rid of my T1 bag... only wish the side pockets had a bit more room to pack them after loading the main bag full. Roll top option would be sweet.

I got a new lid in Xpac material and holy crap is it loud! Probably going to sell it and run a rain cover....

Is it too much to ask for ANY company to make a hydration hose port big enough to easily slide my bite valve through?!

Mike

No plans in sight to get rid of my T1 bag... only wish the side pockets had a bit more room to pack them after loading the main bag full. Roll top option would be sweet.

I got a new lid in Xpac material and holy crap is it loud! Probably going to sell it and run a rain cover....

Is it too much to ask for ANY company to make a hydration hose port big enough to easily slide my bite valve through?!

Mike

Good to know. I was interested in the Muskeg with the Xpac. Sounds like I should just stick with my Reckoning or Woodsman.

shawn30

FNG
I'd like to see the woobie express make a comeback. I'd buy a Kifaru quilt if it wasn't sewn so high up. It looks too difficult to get in and out of.

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
I would really appreciate seeing the Tahr and/or Argali return... I am about to buy a HPG Qui-Ya solely for the form factor and load-hauling that the Argali had.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
First wish:
Rifle scabbard like the Mountain Rambler but removeable. It would attach to the top of the frame and ride inside the bag itself. Give the option when you order a bag to have a Velcro opening that the scabbard will slip through just above the bottom of the pack. Put clips on the Velcro opening that attach to the frame so it doesn’t compromise bag strength.

Second wish:
Offer the frame in a HD version with the thicker Tactical Sheet, stronger stays, and reinforced stitching on the shoulder straps and waist belt.

Third wish:
Offer the bags in a HD version with a thicker material and reinforced stitching in critical load points.

shawn30

FNG
How about an OMNI belt that works with the duplex frame. The OMNI belt folds out of the way better, and can be packed using less space.

prm

WKR
Easier use of the load shelf with a Reckoning-like bag. I like to debone the meat, load it onto the shelf and leave whatever I have with me for the day in the main bag. I’ve watched the videos, and yes it can be done, but it’s not a simple, elegant, solution. I really do like my reckoning and it hauls a lot of weight exceptionally well. When I hauled out a deboned Muley with MR Mule pack it was sooo simple. The ease of transitioning to hauling with the shelf while keeping the bag, or at least a section, available like the Mule and the overall fit, feel and load hauling of the Reckoning/Hunting Platform frame would be a great combo.