What Would You Like to See From Kifaru 2019

snowplow

WKR
Updated AMR. Best bag layout ever just too big! The 'western mountain ruck'

Slightly smaller than the original. Main body sized like the reckoning.
Reckoning fold over style bag top.
Molle delete on sides
Add stretchy side panels like exo
Add lower lip pocket like on muskeg
Adjust horiz straps to suck bag tight to frame even when empty.
Add 3rd sewn in pocket to lower part of bag.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

You could get a camelbak carrier like I have and attach it to a cargo panel and also put a guide lid on it.

OOlObyw.jpg
Its funny you post this. That camelbak carrier was the first thing I thought of when I saw the Kifaru sherman pocket.

deadwolf

WKR
Reckoning in X-Pac material.

I second this 100%, but I’d add a couple things...

-The old cinch pockets on either side of the zipper like the EMR2 had
- roll top dry bag closure if using without a lid
- a flap type closure for the side pockets...tuck it into the pocket if you’re not using it, (like when you had a tripod in the side) or to close the pocket if you want the weatherproof factor.

Xpac xpac xpac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnOyster

WKR
quiet quiet quiet...…………..I want to see a pack that is made from a quieter material...……….I don't care if it's less durable, my T2 is my day pack, bivy pack and meat hauler, love how it collapses down for a day pack but its way too noisy in brushy conditions.

I hope some of the Kifaru guys read this...…………….quiet please!!!

XMP

FNG
My Number One desire from Kifaru is a Lost Park Parka(and pants too) in a different solid color. I'd prefer Ranger Green or something similar. The coyote fabric is some of the ugliest stuff I've ever seen, more gold than tan.

amp713

WKR
Lost park pants. I'll put a down payment on mine right this second in fact....

TheCougar

WKR
A bino harness. Nay, THE Bino Harness, perfect in every way. Functional, forward opening, comfortable, full coverage, holds all your stuff. There was a podcast that Snyder did last year where he mentioned some super secret bino harness that someone was making. I don’t think it is Kifaru, but hopefully it is... Unfortunately, it will be the end of the “which binos harness threads”. That’s got to account for 20% of all Rokslide threads.

Last edited:
modify the urban ruck to make dedicated treestand pack. just sew a normal framesheet in, flip the lid so it opens the other way, and attach the grab handle right at the top of the shoulder straps instead of putting it on the lid. put zippered access to the lid pocket on both sides so you can get into the same pocket when it's closed or open.

I'd love to see a return of the Timberline bags with some modifications. Would like to to have a rolltop lid option, a zipper on the side of the two front pockets with independent compression straps, similar to how the zipper/straps function on the Muskeg (rather than the bungee and bottom zipper) and keep the two side pockets.. all in x-pac! I love to have a bag with the molle options to get it exactly how you want, but it creates a heavy bag. With the pockets sewn in, you reduce a bunch of redundant material and hardware!