Kifaru Duplex Lite 24

Mudd Foot

WKR
After 5 years of running the Bikini Composite 26 I broke down and called Kifaru for details on the new Lite frame. The Bikini, while a great hauler, was always about 1-1.5 inches too long in the torso no matter how much I reefed on the lower shoulder strap attachments. On pack weights greater than 50 lbs, the pack would slide below the ideal hip position.

After talking with Anders at Kifaru about my dimensions and packing goals, I bought the Duplex Lite Composite/Normal back in 24. (I am 71 tall, 195 lbs, 34 waist with a legit 34 inseam, if the specs help.) I've put 10 miles or so on the frame (Woodsman)
with 60 lbs since it arrived. I could not be happier.

The Lite is much more torsionally and vertically stiffer. The heavier straps add to a more solid feel, too. Torso/Shoulder strap adjustability feels like an additional 2-3 inches were built in to the design, and it suits my shorter than average torso perfectly. They are also way easier to adjust with the new design. The Lumbar pad has also been angled where the bottom is pulled backward towards the frame maybe a 1/2 inch. This really lets the pad's entire face sit flush against my back and stay in place. No slipping whatsoever. All of these seemingly minor adjustments really add up to a profoundly more comfortable frame.

Thanks Kifaru! You really nailed these changes!

mudd foot

Squirrels

WKR
Everyone is different. I tried the Kifaru duplex hunter, EXO k2, and MR guidelight, and Kifaru duplex lite. The duplex lite has treated me the same as you. Only one of the four that didn't want to slide, some were worse than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaro9991

FNG
Truly an amazing frame! I have the 26inch and man can it haul

K9Kelly

WKR
Mudd Foot, Did you go with the long (18"+ torso) shoulders straps or the shorter?

OP
Mudd Foot

Mudd Foot

WKR
K9Kelly, my shoulder straps are the short version.

K9Kelly

WKR
Thanks. I'm thinking about a 24" Ultralite and am in between on this. Calling the shop to see what they recommend!