Budget pack, ILBE VS Eberlestock

Thanks for the reply. How does this pack hold up when carrying heavy loads(60lbs)? I know the comfort level is not gonna be close to a Kifaru, but is it doable?
60 lbs wont be a problem with the ILBE. What you will notice though is the belt will likely rub the heck out of your hips. I've always had that problem with them. The belt, even on a well used pack, is usually pretty stiff and can be sometimes hard to get tight enough. I plan on replacing mine here shortly with a Kifaru Duplex belt or a HPG Prairie belt. I've been told that both are a major upgrade to the ILBE and should fit.

Wrongside

WKR
Thanks for the reply. How does this pack hold up when carrying heavy loads(60lbs)? I know the comfort level is not gonna be close to a Kifaru, but is it doable?

Alvin,

I've owned and used the IBLE. I have also owned and used it's approximate civilian equivalent, the old Arcteryx Bora80. For hauling loads comfortably, the Arcteryx is a far superior pack than the IBLE or any Eberlestock pack I've been around. I would highly recommend looking at other options on the used pack market. The Bora80/95 are still a heck of a good pack, and occasionally come up for very good prices.
Good luck!

Have had 100-120 pounds in an ILBE several times when I was a broke college kid. Drawbacks: heavy and (to my knowledge) they only come in one size. If they fit you could do a lot worse but I would rather hold out for a used Dana Terraplane or Astralplane.

Wassid82

WKR
I have a just one pack and think it’s really great. I’ve used it 4 or 5 years and for the money it’s fantastic. I’ve decided to upgrade to a kifaru pack this next year. For a complete pack system under 300 I think it’s the best. Sometimes you can find them in online classified for dirt cheap

Tailz190

FNG
I have an ILBE I’m looking to part with for 125 I have made some mods to lighten weight - comes with a big lid and another pouch -I’m in the market for a new bag because I’m 6’4” and this pack is just a little short for me personally
e468cd2e4ea3be829225498af01f613f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the ilbe and have thought about upgrading the belt because I don’t have any ass and it loosens up andslides down a bit and never feels anchored. With 20-30 pounds it isok but overthat is when I don’t like it
60 lbs wont be a problem with the ILBE. What you will notice though is the belt will likely rub the heck out of your hips. I've always had that problem with them. The belt, even on a well used pack, is usually pretty stiff and can be sometimes hard to get tight enough. I plan on replacing mine here shortly with a Kifaru Duplex belt or a HPG Prairie belt. I've been told that both are a major upgrade to the ILBE and should fit.

Joseph08

Lil-Rokslider
Considering my personal experience, i would suggest you to go for High Sierra Swerve Backpack. A budget friendly option with ample room for storage.