New exo packs??

Moneyball

WKR
Spoke with Mark from EXO. Sounds like us taller/long torso are going to have some options for a taller frame. I cant wait!

JNDEER

WKR
Sure hope they can make the taller frame compatible with the existing bags-- but i doubt they can as they fit snug on the existing frames.

Looks to me like the stretch pocket is there.

What I like about the 3500 compared to the 2000 is the tall side pockets so I hope the 3000 has them.
That's a big piece for me too. It almost made me go 3500 and I wish I would have. I know the pics don't look like it, but I hope they keep the u shape zipper, expand it a little and add the side pockets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

beardedbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
That's a big piece for me too. It almost made me go 3500 and I wish I would have. I know the pics don't look like it, but I hope they keep the u shape zipper, expand it a little and add the side pockets.

It's why I won't get the 2000. I did read on their Instagram that they might be adding the U zipper to all models.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sure hope they can make the taller frame compatible with the existing bags-- but i doubt they can as they fit snug on the existing frames.
All you need to do is put the top of the bag over the frame, then cinch up the bottom straps and side frame straps. Only reason the bags go on over top of the frame now is if you already have the bottom bag attachment straps already snugged up. I'm looking forward to a taller frame option.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Meant to say, the only reason they go on snug over the top of the frames now. My bad.

deadwolf

WKR
Sounds like I am in the minority as I am a big fan of the 2000 bag I got this year. When it comes to a day bag with load hauling I don’t see a better option out there. I keep my tripod on the left side stretch pocket, water bottle in the right, swaro atx65 in the spotter stretch pocket, (and sometimes in the main bag). The in the bag itself, I have my kill kit, first aid and fire starter, headlamp, lunch, puffy jacket, titanium cup, snow peak 2oz stove and fuel can, coffee, lightweight bone saw and camera. It all fits in there with room to spare! Great bag design and perfect size for day hunts!

I am hoping for a 6000- 6500 bag in February, I was told one was likely coming, hope that’s gonna happen : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 3500 does does all that plus multiple day trips.
With just a small weight and cost penalty.
For the money I need a pack that does it all.
I can button down a 3500.
But I cant put 5 days of gear in a 2000

tdhanses

WKR

That’s what the load shelf and a dry bag are for. The 2k is easily a multi day pack you just aren’t putting it in the bag.

That’s what the load shelf and a dry bag are for. The 2k is easily a multi day pack you just aren’t putting it in the bag.

Where u gonna put the meat then. 1 trip out camp and meat.
I hunt with camp on my back to.
Just different things for different people.
There's a few day a year a smaller bag would be nice. But I really couldn't imagine going smaller.

deadwolf

WKR

I hear ya, and using the same theory, I can just button down a 5500 for 5 day trips or fill it up for 10-12 day trips. And you can’t put 10-12 days of gear in your 3500 : )

The 2000 works great for me for day hunting!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sounds like I am in the minority as I am a big fan of the 2000 bag I got this year. When it comes to a day bag with load hauling I don’t see a better option out there. I keep my tripod on the left side stretch pocket, water bottle in the right, swaro atx65 in the spotter stretch pocket, (and sometimes in the main bag). The in the bag itself, I have my kill kit, first aid and fire starter, headlamp, lunch, puffy jacket, titanium cup, snow peak 2oz stove and fuel can, coffee, lightweight bone saw and camera. It all fits in there with room to spare! Great bag design and perfect size for day hunts!

I am hoping for a 6000- 6500 bag in February, I was told one was likely coming, hope that’s gonna happen : )

The 5500 is already like a 7000ci bag. I don't see a need for anything bigger.

tdhanses

WKR
Where u gonna put the meat then. 1 trip out camp and meat.
I hunt with camp on my back to.
Just different things for different people.
There's a few day a year a smaller bag would be nice. But I really couldn't imagine going smaller.

If you are doing one trip out most dry bags can be strapped to the outside if needed, put heavy gear in the 2k and everything else in the dry bag, meat in load shelf. It’s very doable but not perfect but I don’t buy anything for its sole performance in one area I look at what I use it for 90% of the time. That said I also have a 7k Kifaru for extended trips but I could make a 2k work if needed.

The only thing that this shows is that we all have different opinions of a perfect pack. There are a ton of variables that make different packs right for different folks even in the same trip.