Good day backs for carrying a rifle?

Billinsd

WKR
What are some good day packs that are compatible carrying a rifle at the ready, and/or just hauling it along for the ride up the mountain comfortably? I got a Badlands 2200, which is nice, however, I want to upgrade.

What are some good day packs that are compatible carrying a rifle at the ready, and/or just hauling it along for the ride up the mountain comfortably? I got a Badlands 2200, which is nice, however, I want to upgrade.

I like the KUIU 1850 for a day pack that can haul meat or a tree stand. Their gun carrier works pretty well, but I’ve also recently found that you can just sling a rifle normally over one of the load lifters. It transfers all of the weight onto the pack frame and also keeps it from being able to slip off your shoulder.

The Kifaru gun bearer works good. Of course it works great with a Kifaru pack, which I think is the best pack, but the universal gun bearer works with any of them. I first used mine on my Badlands 2200. I think the Badlands 2200 with a gun bearer is hard to beat as a day pack if you are not packing out a lot of meat

I have a SG serac. You could easily haul a rifle or bow in that. And meat if you put one on the ground. I wanted a day pack that could haul meat and this fits the bill. I've run it with 85lbs so far and it's pretty nice. I had to exchange the belt. Website states I should be a medium at 35" waist but the large was way more comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kifaru universal gun bearer with any pack is money!!!!! but to answer your question, im a huge mystery ranch fan!! mule, pintler, popup 28! all good ones

Jimss

WKR
I've used and abused my Badlands 2200 for years. I also have a Sitka Bivy 30. They both are great for scouting and trips where I won't be hauling critters. I picked up a Kifaru frame with EMRII bag that's now my go-to bag. The EMR has long side wing pockets that offer quick and easy access to spotting scope plus tripod. I fold one of the wings around my rifle and strap it in. My rifle is protected from rocks, brush, etc. Kifaru makes a gun-bearer but I don't need one with my EMR. What's nice about Kifaru is the large variety of pouches, pockets, and lids available. You can customize your bag to your particular need. Once you have a Kifaru frame you can also switch out bags. I also have a Timberline II bag which has great pockets but is a chunk smaller than my EMR....and usually sits at home. Even though the EMR bag is huge it straps tight to the frame if unloaded. The nice thing about a large bag is it's possible to haul out 100+ lb loads on my first trip back to the truck. A 50+ lb load with a Badlands 2200 and other daypacks is painful! They just aren't designed for it.

Wrench

WKR
I spun up a "button" that resembles a mushroom and goes through the shoulder strap of my pack. It keeps the sling from running down the strap. All packs should come with one.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
Gun bearer is awesome also use it with a pop up
kifaru universal gun bearer with any pack is money!!!!! but to answer your question, im a huge mystery ranch fan!! mule, pintler, popup 28! all good ones

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk