Pop up 28 vs Main Beam

Jmort1754

WKR
Day pack carrying boned out whitetail out, winter gear to stand or glassing spot. Weight carried under 50 lbs?

JD619er

WKR
Hey man I think you need to reword your post. Maybe explain a little more what your asking. Just trying to help.

i just got my hands on a pop up 28. i live back east here in PA and id have to say it will be exactly what i need here. that being said, i guide in montana and im not sure that it will be the answer for that. i run a metcalf currently. i also carry enough stuff for 2 people most times just in case a client forgets something(it happens). you and i may hunt competely differently. my "heavy" gear is puffy pants and puffy jacket that i will stand hunt in down into the teens. if i were to lug my fanatic series stuff into the woods, the 28 would be stretching i feel. however you could definitely use the overload shelf to stack clothing in, which i have done many times when i carry my smaller mule bag attached. im goin to be putting some miles this weekend on the new popup 28. i have 30 pounds in it right now so im excited to see how it carries! if you can explain your "system" a little bit more maybe i could get you a much better idea if it will fill your needs. i have photos of the bag if youd like to see them, just shoot me a message!

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Puffy pants and jacket for cold weather
Extra insulin and sets for insulin pump
A few snacks a bottle of water or two.
Kill kit

I'd have to say you'll have plenty of room then. Utilize the main bag for all your clothes and insulin and the water bottle side pocket takes care of that. The lid and front pocket are surprisingly bigger than they appear on pictures. I have a big flashlight, license bag. And dark energy charger in the top pocket with more room to go. Didnt even dip into the front pocket yet and I have what I would need for a day hunt with the possibility of packing a deer out