First SO Pack

bozeman

WKR
With the current 20% off, couldn’t resist. While I have tried the other ‘major’ brands and settled on an SG setup, the XPAC fabric intrigues me. Called and talked to Lee, who was a lot of help. Pulled the trigger on a Unaweep with talon, lid and lumbar pad! Can’t wait to put it to the test!

Thanks SeekOutside for a great offer to Rokslide!

BBO

FNG
Was surprised to get an email about an hour or so again saying my Saker has already shipped. Wasn't expecting to see it until after the first. Great first impression.

stevie

Lil-Rokslider
Could not resist the sale, ordered a Goshawk. Recently received a Kifaru Woodsman from their cyber Monday sale.

Phaseolus

WKR
They have a couple of Unaweep seconds sitting in the shop that are a steal at the moment...

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
oh....not sure how to see that on the website...….I called and there was no mention of that......

Phaseolus

WKR
oh....not sure how to see that on the website...….I called and there was no mention of that......
I live close to the store, I looked in the spot they keep their seconds while I was there last week...

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
Ah- 10-4.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the 'shipping notification' today!

I ordered a Gila for my wife on the 17th. It should be here today. I'm excited to see how it fits and carries weight for her on our winter backpack trip next week.

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
Please report back Bluetick- I plan to as well when I get the Unaweeep in.

No problem. Winter trips can be gear intensive, so I'm sure it will be a good test of the comfort and weight carrying capabilities of this pack. We'll be backpacking, and taking a few hounds along to sniff up a lion if we get lucky.

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
Got mine in! Initial fit is great. Gonna put it through the paces tomorrow.

Quality Product, 40lbs sandbag carries well......may have an SG setup for sale soon if this performs well on the bleachers at the HS tomorrow. Really digging the XPAC. More to come.......

- - - Updated - - -

Spent an hour with 40 lbs sandbag on the bleachers today......very impressed so far. High quality material and the floating belt concept is working well. 60 lbs will be next after the holidays. Great product Seek Outside (Unaweep 4,800)

My wife got her pack all adjusted and set up the way she wants. New water bladder, etc. We went for a hike today with it loaded to go backpacking next week. She really liked how it carried, how the pack seemed to move with her, and stayed put with upwards of 40 lbs in it. I never cease to be amazed at how insanely light the SO packs are, and how nice the fit and finish are. I think I'll order another......

Please report back Bluetick- I plan to as well when I get the Unaweeep in.

Got back last night from what was going to be a 3 night backpacking trip, but turned into 1 night. It was snowing when we got there, but the storm blew out in the evening and Temps plummeted to around -15° overnight. My wife and I stayed pretty comfortable in a 2 man tent with no heat, but snow depth prevented us from going to our destination. Her new SO Gila performed well. I weighed it at 36 lbs before we left, my Exo 3500 was at 42 lbs water and food included. She's been using a Badlands 2200 for a few years, and after about a mile she started to comment on how much better the SO was keeping the weight centered and higher up. The X-Pac fabric sheds water like a duck, my Exo did absorb some, but never got wet inside. We shuffled around some gear after we set up camp and swapped packs to go hike a spur ridge (about 2 miles round trip). I wanted to try the Gila with around 50 lbs. It stayed put on my hips, and didn't even act like it wanted to barrel. Overall I was impressed. Gatekeepers were simple to use even with big winter gloves on, and adjusting compression to keep the weight where you want it is very easy with the myriad of strapping options. No water got into the pack, and the fabric wasn't overly noisy even though temps were very cold. Now I need to pick which SO pack I'm going to get....

North61

Lil-Rokslider
Got my Brooks today. Fitted the 4" extension and I finally have a frame long enough for me with a heavy load. This is a very adjustable system. I'll need to use it a bit but First Impressions are very positive. Right now I love the belt in floating mode but time will tell!