New Kifaru Tactical Duplex with..... kuiu Icon pro 3200 Bag.... dodges the bottles...

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Dont hate me, I just couldnt help myself and had to try it. :p I asked this a few weeks ago if anyone has done it.. So now I have and it works perfectly. Some may call it sacrilegious I call it being inquisitive :rolleyes: Only used 4 Grimlocks for Top and 3/4s of the way down between bag and frame to attach to the frame. The 4 side compression Straps and bottom compression straps are all the Kuiu Factory internal straps and the 2 that it comes with to put on the bottom of the 3200. They hook to the Duplex and then where the exsisting buckles are for the factory side compression straps. The bag disconnects very quickly from the Frame easily I have 10 points of attachment. Next up is to try the Kuiu Icon pro 7200 Bag on the frame. Should be similar setup. So if your curious if this works I can confirm it does. Next is a weight test see how well it holds up but by everything Ive tried with this so far its passing with flying colors.

New Kifaru Tactical Duplex with..... kuiu Icon pro 3200 Bag.... dodges the bo...

If you wear that up on the mountain you just might get struck by lightning.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
haha and so it begins lol... I knew it would bring out the fire in folks.

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
I think that's pretty sweet! I've thought for a while that my ultimate pack would be the new kifaru hunting frame with an Icon Pro bag. The new frame sounds like it's pretty sweet but there just aren't really any kifaru bags that I like. I'm glad you proved this is doable

kyle1112

WKR
I'm super interested in how it will hold a load and those attachment points, I may just run my 5000 with the duplex if it hauls great. I don't get why people hate so much on what people like, common goal is to pack harvest game and haul delicious meat and gear..... that's it

kyle1112

WKR
I know man, but you and I both know it's coming, the holier than thou guys that won't be, but I was just saying is all...it's all good man!!

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm super interested in how it will hold a load and those attachment points, I may just run my 5000 with the duplex if it hauls great. I don't get why people hate so much on what people like, common goal is to pack harvest game and haul delicious meat and gear..... that's it

Hey Kyle they arnt hating. I get alot of flack for playing around with packs and my carpet reviews. its all in good fun. Most these guys know me well and am commonly the brunt of some good humor. Rokslide is a great site with fantastic people. We have a blast around here. =-). I set that up with the Kuiu Kifaru past drama anyways. haha. Good stuff. This really does work well. Will get some weight into it tonight with as many attachment points this works just like any other bag attached to a duplex frame. Im pretty confident I could haul more weight then I could carry with this setup.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Think I will add in a HPG Load Sling to the bottom and slap in a good load between bag and frame. 3200 ci isnt alot of room but I can definitely get an overnight out of that. I will also try it with a 55liter outdoor research dry bag between frame and bag to see how that carries.

kyle1112

WKR
No I'm with ya and I knew they guys were just givin you a hard time. I'll be the first guy to laugh at almost everything lol. Keep up the testing bud and sorry if I came of defensive, that's the last thing I meant to do on your thread. I'm stoked on this mod, thanks for putting it out there.

Think I will add in a HPG Load Sling to the bottom and slap in a good load between bag and frame. 3200 ci isnt alot of room but I can definitely get an overnight out of that. I will also try it with a 55liter outdoor research dry bag between frame and bag to see how that carries.

I think you and other guys have done a great job of showing how versatile the kifaru frame really can be. If you like a certain bag from a company other then kifaru chances are you can make it fit. That's a very good thing in my opinion.

dotman

WKR
James on a serious note, it should work just fine. I mounted an ultra 1800 & 3000 to my bikini without issue, the bags just weren't what I was looking for. I also have mounted an EXO 3500 and MR Longbow to a bikini frame :). It's fun making up and figuring out options and truthfully the kuiu bags are cheap $$$ compared to most.

So you're telling me that you are actually going to TEST it in the field? Well right there you've already surpassed the Kuiu QC prerequisite to market it. LOL. Kidding, kidding. Sorta. Not a hater. I own some Kuiu so no flaming.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
James on a serious note, it should work just fine. I mounted an ultra 1800 & 3000 to my bikini without issue, the bags just weren't what I was looking for. I also have mounted an EXO 3500 and MR Longbow to a bikini frame :). It's fun making up and figuring out options and truthfully the kuiu bags are cheap $$$ compared to most.

You got that right. and they are fairly well built also. I really like the layouts and the organization of the Kuiu pack bags. Right now in my Timberline 2 I have like 4 to 5 organizational type bags to keep things in. I cant stand trying to find something and have to dig through the entire pack. So knowing where my gear is when I need it is a huge plus for me. But I also dig the chamber pockets on the Kifaru bags. Just wish they added more attached type organization. Also the clam shell design really is nice when you get to camp. My usual method is pulling everything out of the bag into a pile then reorganizing again for day hunt mode.

dotman

WKR
If you used the cargo panel you could just set it up for day hunting and put the other crap in a bag :)

Interested in how a 7200 bag fits. I got in a good few days under my kifaru frame and I love it. I was worried I would miss the bikini frame but this thing is awesome. There is not a kifaru bag I love. So I have pondered this idea as well.