How are you carrying your sidearm on your Kifaru?

Steeliedrew

Lil-Rokslider
In Washington we are allowed to carry a sidearm while hunting. When I had my icon pro, I attached a paddle holster to the large Velcro strap that is on the waist belt. For the Kifaru it looks like I'll need to run a Molle equipped holster. What are you folks running? Care to share a pic?

Thank you,

Drew

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
I'm interested in this too. I have been looking at the G-Code system thinking it would be easy to move to your actual waist belt when you remove your pack. But I am a little concerned that it may be too bulky and stick out off the pack belt too far and get hung up. I like the retention system idea though.

I have used my Eagle Industries MOLLE Universal Holster and it works pretty good. Another option is the Blackhawk Serpa MOLLE Adapter, but I haven't tried it on my Kifaru yet. A quick disconnect on the SERPA system so you can switch it out to a paddle or something to use without your pack.

Not a great picture but you can see it here:

rjN1nXG8TDFar3-r0xPk46PoLZ1qq0PGxmwe7fxl_kkNqZOS3ypeR6ICwjV83Z9DbLCgl3f05-z92-GoEIp4wmoaCNVzwvOVJEhQ2CWWisqYRz-mObfpBZfOSe8G1_gWwB8sTevGyyawRVZRVmbTslbAbfcnJoQDKb3NzcLCq7-I_VmP7wVfJ3rURKJAG2PJaG1fks6-oRcgOiUdHr_Y4eC6SCvejLON9qOES3F6U1msCgEMI1QEZuI4OVbAEOJXq1S5qo8Vcfy653VffPW5j2hMp_eZSy994ctNvBn4a9KZzJki6vd3_yI6FXRzrCZtUk1Jy5YKMAOirf0Gsv_6K00vYGydUMpVYdzjPOyTBM3lK1O5EqAgBdV7MA7sJNLyVBXTzXteXGniNAYWk-8rqdHzYtS8TlWTJnhqqbRd6fiSgqqhEfPpZWiXpUZXM-eE3vzcmB6sJJx7qjIifp6eB-w1_RbF1cjIVIqd-RLwIElO-t1KuC71ja1O2Dvo4IlnxWGon9KrKvsqlVhuLPfiOJzsCIJut73tOxeUhc2aFLxFrtNyKT7Q7vpdmJ5K6QXlRqn2Gw=w759-h989-no

Last edited:

bbrown

WKR
Check out the molle-link holster from KCT - just picked one up for my G20 on my duplex and really liking it.

Xtreme007

WKR
image.jpgimage.jpg

I use the paddle holster my Springfield xds came with. Drilled a few small holes in paddle and zip ties to attach. Works great. Also worked on my Exo 3550 I had by just glueing a small piece of Velcro on inside of paddle. Then it attached just like their hip belt pocket they sell.

Just had the holster layin around since I bought it. Always carry the xds in a crossbreed holster

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the molle-link holster from KCT - just picked one up for my G20 on my duplex and really liking it.

Can you post a pic if you get some time? I was wanting to see how much real estate it takes up on the belt. Thanks Sir.

bbrown

WKR
Here you go:
image_zpsugxjgjs8.jpeg

I run a small belt pouch over the holster and there is still plenty of volume inside. There is actually a Ruger LCR .357 in the pouch in this picture not that I would pack both at the same time but it just happened to be in there after a weekend hike where it was better to pack concealed.
image_zpsvjiko0h1.jpeg

image_zpsriwovq1b.jpeg

image_zps60zaadaf.jpeg

OP
S

Steeliedrew

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the advice everyone. I actually have my XDM Holster laying around and might give extreme007's idea a try for the time being but I really do like that holster that bbrown has with the small belt pouch over it! Slick looking setup there!