Titanium tent stoves

aggieland

WKR
Back to the Top! Did anyone ever buy or try out the Lite Outdoors stoves? They look pretty sweet.. thanks for any info!

Last edited:
bump.

Did anyone ever buy or try out the Lite Outdoors stoves? Looking for a 18" stove for my sawtooth and like their design with a hinged door.

Thanks

Jake

bump.

Did anyone ever buy or try out the Lite Outdoors stoves? Looking for a 18" stove for my sawtooth and like their design with a hinged door.

Thanks

Jake

I just bought an 18" for my luna 6. Only one burn on it and no experience with others but it seems to work well. The door venting and damper seem to work very well and the quality seems good. One of the reasons I bought it was the door system and I was not disappointed. Plus it is a bit cheaper.uploadfromtaptalk1438528016779.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438528056232.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438528082663.jpg

LaGriz

WKR
Guys,
I went with the large WiFi for my BCS-2 as I wanted to burn longer lengths of wood and the door has a 4" opening. This BCS-2 has the center stove jack position with a door on either side. From what I read, this is a plus. I had great service dealing with the folks at Ti-Goat. With a longer pipe this stove would work in a larger shelter also. I really like the Sheppard stove from HPG - no loose parts, more air tight, longer burn times. If my plans included a partner or two more often than not, I could justify the weight and pack size of the HPG. Going solo more often , it made more sense to go the way I did. The Wi-Fi is pretty stout -could handle good size pot of soup or stew for the longer late season nights when you might want to expand the meal prep. Note: The large Wi-Fi takes a 3" pipe (small takes a 2 3/8" I think) that meens slightly more weight. Not the lowest price option. With the BCS-2 at 3.6# and the stove and pipe at 2.6# or so I have gotten myself a quality and truly lightweight set up. I hope to have a review for everyone after my September hunt. View attachment 27577View attachment 27576
LaGriz

blicero

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a large WiFi for my 8 man, I think you'll be really happy with it. I fired it up a couple months ago when it was about 48 and raining heavily outside, and with a moderate burn going, the temp at the top of the tipi was reading around 90 degrees.

Pierrebuiltknives

Lil-Rokslider
I google TI stoves and of course found this. I just ordered 118$ worth of Titanium and some TI bolts and nuts to build a stove. I had got a 4 foot pipe off someone on here so I can set it up for a tarp for the time being.
The plan is to make a Box stove roughly 10/10/16. I think it will be something kinda of between a Wifi and a seek stove but should be a little more solid then both. I have the ability to weld Ti so I can make some mods I have not seen on other stoves.
As some one who welds a fabricates metal I would like to throw my 2 cents.
-Stainless will rust. Once the chromium and carbon burns out of the metal which is not super hard to do it will weaken and rust.
-Ti has a much higher melting point then stainless as well.
-Both stainless and TI warp. I have welded 3/8 jigged SS flanges that warp.
I saw this thread has been uprooted a couple times. I will probably post a pic once I have mine burning.

as.ks.ak

WKR
I google TI stoves and of course found this. I just ordered 118$ worth of Titanium and some TI bolts and nuts to build a stove. I had got a 4 foot pipe off someone on here so I can set it up for a tarp for the time being.
The plan is to make a Box stove roughly 10/10/16. I think it will be something kinda of between a Wifi and a seek stove but should be a little more solid then both. I have the ability to weld Ti so I can make some mods I have not seen on other stoves.
As some one who welds a fabricates metal I would like to throw my 2 cents.
-Stainless will rust. Once the chromium and carbon burns out of the metal which is not super hard to do it will weaken and rust.
-Ti has a much higher melting point then stainless as well.
-Both stainless and TI warp. I have welded 3/8 jigged SS flanges that warp.
I saw this thread has been uprooted a couple times. I will probably post a pic once I have mine burning.

Sounds interesting—any pics of how this turned out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbljack

WKR
anybody running the TI goat WIFI's in a supertarp? Is it possible to get the pipe at the right angle out of the top of the stove going out of the annex? I ask because the pics of the supertarps ive seen always show the pipe at an angle so its not making contact with the annex. If so....what size?

365buckin

FNG
Haven't heard anyone bring up the Winnerwell Fastfold titanium stove yet. It looks super easy and quick to set up.

MAVinWA

Lil-Rokslider
Based in WA, OTC archery public land in AZ, UT, so
for my outdoors lite 18", I purchased longer legs/bolts from hardware store, put a little bend to them. To obtain a little more ground clearance under stove belly. Original legs the stove sits very low, close to ground.
One time, quick late camp set up at 10pm, forgot to brush away debris under stove belly. Got a hot fire going, chill gone and felt good. In minutes my Tut was filled with smoke. Debris, pine needles under stove got to hot, slow burn more smoke. Opened up Tut door, let fire in stove die down and smoke clear.
Then brushed away blackened debris to expose only dirt underneath.
Even with longer leg bolts, I make sure to brush away any debris under stove belly.