Kifaru nomad plus camp bag

Whip1

FNG
Howdy all,
For years I have been stuffing a day pack in my Osprey 105 liter back pack for extended back country hunts. I finally have enough money for a better setup. I think the Kifaru nomad with the camp bag and meat bag is what I am leaning towards.

Please correct me if I am wrong but for back country hunts I can use it to haul in all my gear, use it as a day pack and haul a load of meat back to camp on the first trip once I get an animal down. I will need the camp bag, a meat bag. Do I need the grab it for meat hauling? Is there a better system? any info will be greatly appreciated, it is a lot of money and I get nervous buying something that I have not seen in person.

Thanks for any input.
Doug

bmart2622

WKR
The Nomad is very versatile. I used a dry bag between the wings and a guide lid for extended trips. The Grab It works awesome for packing meat with Nomad, very quick to attach and holds the meat nice and high.

I just got back from a 4 day solo backpack hunt with the nomad. Shot a bear on day two and packed out. I love how it goes from day mode to load hauler instantly, I run a dry bag in the middle and a guide lid on top works well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
I used mine like you are intending. As stated above the Nomad is a very versatile set up. I ended up getting rid of mine for the EMR 2 and got rid of that due to the "strap management". Both of these packs are pretty awesome as long as you can deal with straps. I went the "simpleton" route and am running the Argali now.

welpro222

WKR
Just got back from a 5 day hunting trip with my Nomad/campbag setup, including the guide lid and grab it. It was a great setup, being able to unload the campbag and leave it behind at camp. The Nomad was a great day pack, but yeah the straps are there but not a deal killer for me. We usually grabbed our frames for long day hikes or just used the guide lid for shorter trips. Didn't get lucky this time, but I think the setup would have worked great for packing out game.

oldgoat

WKR
If you really haul a lot of crap in, the camp bag is nice but the 55L Dry Bag will cover all the bases. You need some kind of game bags, they can go in dry bag or a clean trash compactor bag etc. I have both a dry bag and a camp bag. Camp bag stays in camp and dry bag goes along if someday I get an elk. Camp bag is also nice because you can get into bottom without totally unpacking it!

OP
W

Whip1

FNG
Thanks for all the input. It sounds like I need the grab it and the guide lid to haul meat? I have a dry bag! Never thought of using it for camp bag, good thinking. that means I can just get one meat bag and be set.
Thanks again,
Doug

Cory Arola

Lil-Rokslider
I run a Nomad/Guidelid/Grabit/camp bag for up to 6 or day trips then I max out on space. Partly because of camera gear. If I am doing 7+ days I run an AMR and honestly the more I use the AMR the more I like it and have used it on shorter trips as well.

bmart2622

WKR
If you have a 26" frame a pod or long pocket fits nicely on the back below the wings too. I ran one on my that way I didnt have to deal with the straps to get small, often used items.

I'm with Cory Arola. Spent a season with the nomad and camp bag scenario and have since dumped it for the AMR. Less fuss and moving parts and it works great from simple day mode to dead hooker haul off.

molon labe

OP
W

Whip1

FNG
I will look more into the AMR. The markhor with the guide lid would be almost as big as my current Osprey back pack? I am glad for all the input. There are so many options it is kind of mind boggling. Thanks again.

84toyota

Lil-Rokslider
Whip - I have a foliage Nomad and a grab it that I'd be willing to sell. I actually have a duplex frame as well. I only used the Nomad one weekend. I currently am running a Cargo Panel, guide lid, camp bag, and pockets - and don't anticipate using the Nomad anytime soon... Let me know if you might be interested... And sorry for hijacking your thread!