New Stone Glacier Avail 2200

OP
K

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Justin ~ If you could give me a general youth size, like height and weight, I think we could get you an accurate answer. The limiting factor is shoulder strap length for youth, on the younger kids with a very short torso the shoulder straps will run out of adjustment.

Skeeter ~ Yes, the Avail does have a grab handle at the top of the frame.

Tipsntails7 ~ Thank you for the compliment on the design. We will have an instructional video completed early next week, this will show conversion to the Krux frame and many of the specific gear carry options. The conversion is quite simple an only takes a couple minutes, the shoulder straps and hip belt are quick to remove. Attachment to the frame is identical to our Approach and Serac, our Krux frame and all of our bags including the Avail have the same compression strap and buckle system which makes them interchangeable on the frame.

Last edited:

kipper09

WKR
Received my Avail in the mail today. Absolutely perfect pack for what I need. Well thought out. Stone Glacier quality fit and finish. Perfect for EDC And day trips. Anybody looking for a tremendous daypack should look at this pack. The compression panel is a great touch on the pack. Interior organization is great with the pockets on the front of the pack. Have had a lot of day packs and never thought I'd find one I liked as well as my mystery ranch dragonslayer but I think this may be the one. Thanks goes out to Kurt , Pete, and Colby for great customer service as always.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Suspension for those who were asking. REALLY like this pack. The frame sheet and stays come out with 1 pull, super easy.
d7a957af78e13f1dc3ef6048348af8aa.jpg

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Frame sheet and stays shown. Bottom to top of the bag is 20" though the stays are longer than that. The X configuration of them does keep the frame shape quite well. The flexibility is noticeable, meaning those stays have a good amount of "give" to them. With the thinner wrap around belt and flexible frame, you most certainly would want the bag on the Krux frame when day hunting. To me you're getting the best of both worlds, low profile day pack that moves with you, and compatibility to be a load hauler when needed.

2498ef81a34e45194af5816e9035c833.jpg
o

Moellermd

FNG
I got mine today. Overall very happy. I asked SG if the tripod feet pocket on the outside of the pack would fit a rifle buttstock. They said it would be too small. My Remington 700 stock did fit in the pocket but tight. I think it would work to carry your rifle, although it does sit a little high.

View attachment 42209

The two pockets inside to bag would work great for holding a kill kit, small first ad kit, flashlight headlamp, and some survival stuff. I was impressed with the size of the outside pocket. With the pack full the outside pocket is big enough to fit gallon ziplock full of water in it.

I don't know how much use I have for the outside black panel but I suppose it would be handy for wet clothes or gaitors.

I huge improvement over my badlands 2200 at almost half the weight.

mauidiver

WKR
Im seriously thinking of getting this pack. Might have my Kifaru UL in WG, Cargo panel, (2015) Exo 3500 foliage set up for Kifaru UL, Camp bag, and more. I'm not needing such a serious weight hauler and can get away with this.....

The bag looks great

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kurt- great looking pack! Is the 2200 volume for the main bag alone?

35- ish liters could carry a light & fast 2-3 day kit :D

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I received mine earlier this week. Really like how it is laid out, its a perfect day pack for light duty use. Then you attach it to the frame and you have a load hauler. Well thought out and well done.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kurt- great looking pack! Is the 2200 volume for the main bag alone?

35- ish liters could carry a light & fast 2-3 day kit :D

visited with SG yesterday, 2200 is just the main bag :) ended up pulling the pin on one; should make for a dandy day hunting pack and also for winter ski/snowshoe trips; I think with a little discipline you could even squeeze a couple of nights with it

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
received my pack yesterday- really nice pack; the frame setup is a dandy, typical SG cushy shoulder straps and waist belt; interior is nicely laid out and the exterior has a plethora of attachment options

I'm very confident I can squeeze out a overnight (or two) trip with this pack

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got to use mine on several rather arduous elk hunts (still no elk!). It carries very nicely, my pack is probably in the 20-25 lb range. In addition to food, water, extra clothing and essentials, I have room to carry a lwt climashield quilt, ccf pad, small tarp and bivy- along with a spotting scope (tripod attached to the outside)

suspension_zpsmllsq77f.jpg

carbonframe_zpsghvs1vvi.jpg

organizers_zps7ytx7vk1.jpg

maincompartment_zpsw0oh3tho.jpg

spottingscope_zpsozfmz0um.jpg

mauidiver

WKR
That looks about perfect size for me. Think I may have my Kifaru/Exo 3500 up for sale soon. Thanks for the pics

sr80

WKR
does anyone have both a krux and the avail? Is the waist belt foam the same denisty? Or is one softer than the other?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Feels more dense to me in the Avail belt, but it is only a thin sheet compared with the Krux, so a little tough to tell. It isn't nearly as spongy as the Krux belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk