New Stone Glacier Avail 2200

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
A quick update for on the new Avail 2200 day/utility pack that is now available from Stone Glacier.
Below is the description from our website along with video and link for specs and photos. Thanks for the support here on Rokslide, we appreciate being a sponsor and part of the forum. ~ Kurt

The definition of “utility” day pack, the Avail 2200 is built to carry any essential gear for back country adventure. The Avail 2200 is designed to be used either stand-alone with its own Avail suspension and internal frame, or remove the shoulder straps, hip belt, and frame to mount directly to the Krux frame for a load shelf capable heavy hauler. Using the same shoulder straps as the Krux frame, the Avail can be quickly swapped from full frame Krux mode to day pack stand-alone mode in the field.
The Avail 2200 is equally at home with a load of hunting gear or technical climbing/ski gear. A full feature pack with 5 pockets, internal organization for spotting scope/probes/snow shovel, a side pocket for feet of a tripod, external compression panel for quick storage of layers, A-frame or cross carry for skis, ice tool attachment, and additional attachment points for Swing Out or Camp pocket accessories.
Whether hunting, skiing, climbing, or everyday carry around town, the Avail 2200 is a versatile utility pack with endless capabilities.

[video=youtube;VDP38s8CBFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDP38s8CBFY[/video]

Avail 2200 — Stone Glacier

Nice looking pack! Looks like a perfect day hunting pack on the Krux- at least for how I day hunt!

slick

WKR
Appreciate the post up Kurt and all the ingenuity that goes into your packs. Love the panel zip and the decision to make an internal framed pack. The Krux is a little much for skiing, climbing, and general hiking. The avail fills that niche nicely, can't wait to get my hands on one.

P.s. What jacket is that model fella wearing?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Looks like a winner Kurt.

Ordered one up right away, exactly the kind of daypack I've been looking for - internal frame that can mount to my hunting frame. Brilliant. Just in time for snowshoeing, skiing and a little rifle day hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Thank you for the feedback and comments.

Slick ~ The jacket Colby is wearing is a Black Diamond Hybrid

kipper09 ~ Yes, 40# would be easily carried. The Avail uses the same shoulder straps as the Krux frame, the internal frame sheet is re-enforced with two fiberglass stays in an "X". We use fiberglass as it has more flex than carbon, especially for those skiers like me who have the occasional yard sale wreck:D The construction and materials are identical to all of our other packs, so from a structural standpoint it will carry whatever you can fit in it. The frame sheet/stays are removable from the pack as well if you want to shave some more ounces when attached on the Krux frame.

~Kurt

OP
K

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
kipper09, these would be more classified as load stabilizers, the attachment points are at the top of the Avail frame, but these attachment points just slightly above the shoulder line (depending on torso length.) To accomplish a true load lifter angle, a frame height similar to our Krux would be needed, which is approximately 25.5". The Avail is frame is approximately 21" tall, designed for a smaller footprint on the back.

kipper09

WKR
Thanks as always for the prompt reply. Ordered and I'm anxiously awaiting for its arrival. Keep up the great work you do and extraordinary customer service you and Pete constantly provide

ljalberta

WKR
Looks like a superb design. Any chance you'd be able to post a picture of the belt/avail harness system from the front?

Thank you for the feedback and comments.

Slick ~ The jacket Colby is wearing is a Black Diamond Hybrid

kipper09 ~ Yes, 40# would be easily carried. The Avail uses the same shoulder straps as the Krux frame, the internal frame sheet is re-enforced with two fiberglass stays in an "X". We use fiberglass as it has more flex than carbon, especially for those skiers like me who have the occasional yard sale wreck:D The construction and materials are identical to all of our other packs, so from a structural standpoint it will carry whatever you can fit in it. The frame sheet/stays are removable from the pack as well if you want to shave some more ounces when attached on the Krux frame.

~Kurt

Kurt, pack looks awesome for a day hike with camera gear.

What size is the belt? As I noticed there is not a size option at checkout.

OP
K

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Tipsntails7 ~ The belt will fit down to a 26" waist with enough webbing length to go up to 44".

OP
K

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
bmart2622 ~ the power pulls cannot be added to the Avail. It is designed with compression panels on each side of the hipbelt to stash the excess webbing once tight to eliminate any loose webbing. One of the requests of customers interested in using the pack skiing.

Justin ~ Thanks for the compliment, very appreciated.

~Kurt

Kurt a video of it going from regular pack to on the Krux frame would be awesome, and probably satisfy some questions about the suspension.

I have to applaud your pack designs, they all look extremely well thought out and it shows.