Duplex belt on a Bikini - Correction!

I had my head in my butt a few days ago when I piped up in a classified add for a duplex belt. A fella asked of it would fit a Bikini frame and I responded that it would and that I was running one on mine. I've been running mine so long I conpletely forgot that I modified the belt to make it work.

The shoulder strap webbing on a Bikini frame is 3/4" and 1"on a duplex. You'll need to cut all but a few inches of the original 1" and use some ladder locks to attach a section of 3/4" webbing. Or completely remove the 1" and sew on the 3/4".

Here's how I did mine. That's a small cutting board behind the lumbar pad.
3ad8fe13031e0b13d7a5179a8f1d84a3.jpg

I can't find that for sale add now so I can't PM the poor soul that I led astray. If you're reading this and you bought a belt that doesnt work, PM me and all send you some ladder locks and some 3/4" webbing to get you up and running.

Could you use a K-connector on the belt strap to connect the belt to shoulder strap?

Basically the ladder lock part of the k-connector will be used on the belt strap (for tensioning) and the g-hook will grab the shoulder strap just underneath the ladderlock on the shoulder strap part (to connect the upper end).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone posted recently where they replaced the 3/4'' buckle on the shoulder strap with a 1'' repair buckle.

OP
F
Could you use a K-connector on the belt strap to connect the belt to shoulder strap?

Basically the ladder lock part of the k-connector will be used on the belt strap (for tensioning) and the g-hook will grab the shoulder strap just underneath the ladderlock on the shoulder strap part (to connect the upper end).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure that would work, but those Ghooks have a tendancy to fall off. Probably need to tie them on some how.

Someone posted recently where they replaced the 3/4'' buckle on the shoulder strap with a 1'' repair buckle.

Good fix as well. More than 1 way to skin a cat.