Talk me into a seek outside

ams

WKR
Nd., I asked about a child carrier when paradox packs first came out. Honestly they sounded excited about the idea too but from what I remember it opens them up to all kinds of liability and hassle they don't want. Great packs and although I have upgraded from the first frame I have been absolutely happy with everything I have owned from Seek outside. I'm really excited for new revo packs, hint hint, wink wink, please. begging. Oh and a rifle carry system :)

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have seen several people use them as child carriers, but we do not offer any system or condone it. Some new items should be out in the next few days (mostly smaller stuff / attachments etc ) with an updated Peregrine and a Larger hunting pack out by early July.
Thanks

KHNC

WKR
I have hauled out 3 public land whitetails(long distance) , one mtn lion and two elk out of the last 3 years since i bought my Unaweep. I have had up to 135lbs loaded out for quite a few miles. Pack did very well with the full loadout. Only issue i had with it was when i used it for the meat pack last year in the Train to hunt event. Had close to 100lbs while running the meat pack course. It was very hard on the pack. My spreader bar broke and the frame popped out of the top of the pack. Seek outside sent me a new spreader to velcro onto the frame. It doesnt work very well but it will suffice. I dont plan to ever use a 400.00 pack for endurance events in the future but i will continue to use the unaweep as my goto hunting pack.

Rokwiia

WKR
I have hauled out 3 public land whitetails(long distance) , one mtn lion and two elk out of the last 3 years since i bought my Unaweep. I have had up to 135lbs loaded out for quite a few miles. Pack did very well with the full loadout. Only issue i had with it was when i used it for the meat pack last year in the Train to hunt event. Had close to 100lbs while running the meat pack course. It was very hard on the pack. My spreader bar broke and the frame popped out of the top of the pack. Seek outside sent me a new spreader to velcro onto the frame. It doesnt work very well but it will suffice. I dont plan to ever use a 400.00 pack for endurance events in the future but i will continue to use the unaweep as my goto hunting pack.

Why did you choose the Unaweep Integrated flatform over the Revolution Fortress platform? Was it to save a little weight? The difference between the two is 5oz.

I am interested in a SO too. Looking to save some weight over my Stone Glacier pack. Unfortunately, there is a review on the SO site that mentions large side pockets becoming water collectors in heavy rain. Has anyone else used a SO in Alaska or coastal rains and had this experience? Can drain holes be added?

Also, what gripping materials do you add to avoid belt slippage or had this issue been solved?

For water hydration, anyone put the hydration pack in the top lid? Else, I have been experimenting with platypus 1L and 2L clear plastic bottles in side pocket s in my Stone Glacier and that works pretty well.

Rokwiia

WKR
The SO side pockets have an open area at the bottom to drain water. There is no way water will collect in it. I don't live in Alaska but do live in an area where it is rainy and always wet. and have never had a problem. I have a Revolution Fotress 6,300 and have attached two pictures of a side pocket so you can see the drainage area.

SO has the best design I've ever seen or used. It is very large and angled forward so you can access a water bottle by lifting toward you rather than having to lift up. That makes accessing anything in the side pocket a breeze.

Attachments

• P1030144.jpg
    P1030144.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 29
  • P1030146 #2.jpg
    P1030146 #2.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited: