New custom built Kifaru.....

ctsmith

Lil-Rokslider
.....not really, but dang the Reckoning is like it was built for me and my style. Perfect in every way. Can't find one thing I'd change about it. Love this bag. Going to buy a second for when this one wears out and Kifaru has moved on.

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
I feel the same way. The center zip and 2 long side pockets are perfect! Compression straps are well thought out.

I have the Reckoning as well. Absolutely love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honest question how does it really differ from the Muskeg bag? Aside from the size pockets, zipper placement, and material they look very similar.

I like the ZPac material, have it on another bag, very rugged and definitely lives up to the hype of being s very water resistant, also cleaning it out is easy, just take a hose to the insides and dry it out!

sr80

WKR
Almost perfect for me...wished it had a bladder port to run a bladder inside the bag, and also wish it had the old lid attachment straps where you can tighten the lid tight to the top of the frame.

OP
C

ctsmith

Lil-Rokslider
Almost perfect for me...wished it had a bladder port to run a bladder inside the bag, and also wish it had the old lid attachment straps where you can tighten the lid tight to the top of the frame.

I hate bladders. A bottle pouch on the bottom PALs below the pockets is perfection for me. One on each side. Can easily reach it and completely out of the way.

Also, I hate lids. Love the folded collar with a large pocket on it.

Thats the only add ons; two bottle pouches and a large pocket on the collar.

Perfection. These are a few features that make it feel like it was customized.

bsnedeker

WKR
Honest question how does it really differ from the Muskeg bag? Aside from the size pockets, zipper placement, and material they look very similar.

I like the ZPac material, have it on another bag, very rugged and definitely lives up to the hype of being s very water resistant, also cleaning it out is easy, just take a hose to the insides and dry it out!

Guess it depends on your definition of similar...from my perspective having side pockets and a different zipper placement make it an entirely different pack, not even mentioning the waterproofing.

OP
C

ctsmith

Lil-Rokslider
Guess it depends on your definition of similar...from my perspective having side pockets and a different zipper placement make it an entirely different pack, not even mentioning the waterproofing.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Totally different pack.

fishslap

WKR
I've had the reckoning for a little over a year now and have zero complaints. I used it to pack in for muzzleloader elk and 4th rifle deer last year, including packing out both animals. I use the guide lid on it, with the bottle holder and a small pouch on one side of the belt, and a medium on the other side that I replace with a large when packing wiggy's waders for stream crossing. I put my other Nalgene in the side pocket opposite the bottle holder. I cut the shoulder straps off the guide lid since I'll never use them. I thought about cutting the extra back panel of the guide lid since it serves no purpose for me. I also use the grabbit when loaded up, which also works great to hold my hand auger for pack in ice fishing trips.

ethan

WKR
I just got the reckoning bag about a month ago. I’ve been doing a lot of back pack cardio in recent weeks and heading in for a quick two day backcountry fishing trip next weekend, but so far it’s been my favorite bag Kifaru or otherwise. I’m really likening the fold down lid. I usually always run my guide lid, but nit so sure I will run it every time now.

HookUp

WKR
I keep an eye on all new packs from all companies and if I had to buy another pack right now it would be a Reckoning again!

bowkill02

Lil-Rokslider
im really considering swapping my emr ii for a one of these. its driving me crazy with all the straps and the shear size. even compressed down I still feel goofy with all the extra fabric. as a soloist carrying a hot tent several times a year would a reckoning meet my needs. im looking at 6 days with a Cimarron and stove and a wiggys bag. the only time o feel the emr ii is justified is when im loaded up but I still have tons of left over space

BAKPAKR

WKR
im really considering swapping my emr ii for a one of these. its driving me crazy with all the straps and the shear size. even compressed down I still feel goofy with all the extra fabric. as a soloist carrying a hot tent several times a year would a reckoning meet my needs. im looking at 6 days with a Cimarron and stove and a wiggys bag. the only time o feel the emr ii is justified is when im loaded up but I still have tons of left over space

I used to be on the “bigger is better” bandwagon and looked at the AMR, but I wound up with a Reckoning. It will carry any load I want to carry just fine, including gear and grub for a week. Be warned, it also has a lot of straps but nothing that cannot be managed with some Velcro keepers.

bowkill02

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you. I will keep my eyes open for a while and maybe keep looking. Babe an exo 5500 on my kifaru frame??

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
Thank you. I will keep my eyes open for a while and maybe keep looking. Babe an exo 5500 on my kifaru frame??

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If you go this route let me know. Just did the same and it’s seamless. Even got the Exo lid on the kifaru frame with real straps and no modifications on either side.

WKR
Shopping for a bag for my daughter in the 5000 cubic inch range. Appreciate the feedback on the reckoning. Think it may be on top of list now. Also like the 5000 inch muskeg and I like my current Mtn Warrior. Probably be one of those 3 I am thinking.