Need some advice

Ok I'm hunting black bear in Northern WA state.. About 10 miles south of Canada in colville national forest. I came across some tracks side hilling over a little draw. Then I started noticing a lot of scat. All black definately from within the last few days. The game trail is heavily used and I follow it under a ponderosa pine and it looks. Like he is napping in there. I would like to harvest this one so I back out so I can come back with a rifle. Do you think I should set up hill and watch that trail. I'm pretty sure he is taking the trail to some choke cherries. Or did I blow him out of there and when he comes across my scent he is going to relocate?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You should be fine. Set up with good wind and wait. Good luck

Unless you disturbed the area and his bedding spot,your good to go.:cool:Remember he may not use it every day.Be patient,the Javelina I hunt only pass thru once a week.Hopefully you pick the right day!Good luck.

Battleguy

Banned
get your rifle, find the trail it is probably napping and would be there for hours.

OP
N
Well as I was going to go hunt my boys sliced his finger pretty bad had to go to the hospitol. I got to wait until my next day off.

OP
N
Wow ...I hunted the ridge about 3 miles in. Got into an area with 15 scat piles in 10 yards. Even saw some wolf tracks. Well I hunted the bottom 3rd of the slope on the way back. I ended up snapping a truck 200 yards from the truck and he took off, I saw is back half illuminated by the sunlight then he ran to private property. He is color phase. I'm think I'll go back in the morning.