Unit 82 bears

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’m going up with my 13 year old son to see if we can get on a bear. I don’t have a lot of experience hunting them but my initial plan is to hike up a ridge where we can sit and glass pretty much all day. I’ve narrowed down a spot that is a creek drainage going into the wilderness with no hiking trail in it, and it’s in the CPW bear concentration area. Do bears have a preference as to south or north facing slopes? What elevation would we expect to see them? Up at the tops or down in the creek bottoms? I’ve read that they like to travel the bottoms and I also read south slopes in the morning and north mid day and evening. For those that have experience with fall bear in the mountains, does that seem to hold true? Any last minute pointers or advice is welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swampokie

WKR
Im not familiar with that unit but generally lower is better when the acorns and cherries are thick. I would look for water in oak brush at 8500 ft or lower. If the unit is higher elevation then glassing aspen pockets will be ur best bet. Good luck and let us know how it goes