Cali bear hunt

I’m sure there are some threads on here but couldn’t find much that was posted recently Headed out for my first Cali bear hunt. Anyone have any solid areas to check out. I’m fine to travel anywhere as long as the area is know to produce big bears. Thanks for any advice

I hunt upper Chiquita Creek by Bass Lake. I haven’t seen them in there my grandpa has. I’ve never looked for them until now I’ll let you know I’m goin in a couple weeks. My mechanic said when he used to go up there he’d bring out Bears every year

Bucks Lake area near Quincy. Take the Pacific Crest trail and head north from town. Lots of bears up there. Seems like I always ran into a few on the trail. Be ready for shots under 50 yards. The trail is also very popular on the weekends, so be careful

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
Any of the 'B' zone areas hold a lot of bears. We were on an elk hunt up there this year and saw almost a bear a day. None of them were huge, however. Trinity Alps, Yolla Bollys, 7 Rivers, Marbles....they all have bears.

I shot this one a few years ago in D3, north of Truckee. DFG aged him at 18 years old.

i-hw3qLrH-L.jpg