Arizona December Bear Hunt

warrant

WKR
Has anyone hunted bear in December in Arizona? What areas look best for the late season and is it worth getting the tag?

Any info is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoJo

WKR
Fall bear hunts will be closing as the female harvest limits are met. You may not have many, if any, units to choose from when you come in December. Be sure to call the bear hotline (1-800-970-2327) the Wednesday before you plan to hunt to see what units are still open.

I just called, and units 24a, 33, 6a, 24a, 22s, 23s are already closed for the year. Units 29 and 30a are currently closed, but will re-open on Nov 2 with a female harvest limit of only 1.

OP
warrant

warrant

WKR
Fall bear hunts will be closing as the female harvest limits are met. You may not have many, if any, units to choose from when you come in December. Be sure to call the bear hotline (1-800-970-2327) the Wednesday before you plan to hunt to see what units are still open.

I just called, and units 24a, 33, 6a, 24a, 22s, 23s are already closed for the year. Units 29 and 30a are currently closed, but will re-open on Nov 2 with a female harvest limit of only 1.

Good info, thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% not worth buying the tag unless you have scouted and seen some bears. In that case check to see if the unit is open and then buy a tag at Walmart.