Madison Range Black Bear

Wildatheart

Lil-Rokslider
Hi to all,
New member here. I lived in Helena Montana for a while out of school and now looking at heading back out for spring Bear. I was looking down towards the Madison Range as I have some familiarity with the area around the range. Also, my wife will be visiting the area and will be staying in Bozeman and I would have to pick her up after hunting at the air port. My question is access points. Have any of you hunted the area or have experience with accessing the range or have any advice on how to approach the area?

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
There are a few main trailheads you should be able to research and find fairly easily. More grizzlies than black bears. Hunting pressure in general is usually high, but can depend on season timing and day of the week. Did I mention there were lots of grizzlies?

OP
Wildatheart

Wildatheart

Lil-Rokslider
That’s good to know, maybe should head up towards the flathead range and re route our trip a little north.. I’m not familiar with the Griz populations in each of these areas, may just have to be something to deal with any route I go in Montana.