Favorite 375H&H round for brownies?

Got a coastal brownie hunt in Alaska this fall. Going to roll with the 375 round, but trying to figure out what round to load? Considering the 270 grain Barnes and the 300 grain partition right now, but I’m open to other suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
I don't deal with coastal browns while guiding in the Yukon, but I've always had good results out of my .375 with both 300 gr Partitions and 300 gr A-frames.

OP
W
Favorite 375H&H round for brownies?

Likely not a big difference, just looking for personal experience.

I live in Kenai and am headed to 16B in the fall of ‘19 with some friends. Going to try and work up a 375 load beforehand and just was looking for a starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottf270

WKR
I used the 270gr Barnes TSX on Kodiak. A 25yd broadside shot equaled a dead bear. Actually anti climatic as far as shots go. But good insurance if things went south. Honestly I think with that much bullet weight, near any bullet would work superbly. It's fun to worry and study the details of a hunt, but I'd worry more about getting a good shot at a bear than what bullet I'm shooting. Good luck.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what powders you're looking at using when working up a load. But I've had my best results with VihtaVuori n540 and Winchester 760 underneath 300 gr bullets. I don't have exact numbers in front of me (recently moved and haven't unpacked everything yet), but out of my rifle these two were consistent and provided good velocity.

KJH

WKR
235gr Barnes TSX from Double tap is a my choice. It shoots at 3100fps, so its like shooting a 300 Ultra Mag with a much bigger bullet.