California bucks.

OP
Huntindog45
I will kill either one of them if given the chance. if my son and I get the chance we will kill both of them. i have a bunch of video of these guys maybe i will post a few more so we can further the discussion :) Honestly the top one has some growing to do still it looks like to me. I think he is going to be even taller the next time i get a picture of him.

to be completely honest there are a bunch of deer that show up on that cam, several forkies and three pointers. I only have a couple days to hunt in california due to my colorado tags so honestly i wont be too picky. I probably kill the first legal buck i get a shot at, within reason of course. I wont shoot a little nubbin forky.

bowuntr

WKR
The boundary is not entirely the I5 through California... its outlined on the B&C web site. And yes you can DNA test a deer to see if it is a Columbia Blacktail deer, Mule deer or hybrid. So far there has been only one buck tested that proved to be Columbia Blacktail deer that was east of the boundary. It came from a C zone. Ed F

The boundary is not entirely the I5 through California... its outlined on the B&C web site. And yes you can DNA test a deer to see if it is a Columbia Blacktail deer, Mule deer or hybrid. So far there has been only one buck tested that proved to be Columbia Blacktail deer that was east of the boundary. It came from a C zone. Ed F
Do you have any more info on that? I’m curious how a little blacktail stacked up to Muleys in the area.

bohntr

WKR
Do you have any more info on that? I’m curious how a little blacktail stacked up to Muleys in the area.

I believe it was an archery buck taken very close to the boundary but on the ‘mule deer’ side. It was tested and confirmed as a Blacktail. However, I know of several deer a bit further inland that were tested and remained as a mule deer.