2018 success????!!!

Thess87

WKR
Well I have a Bra drop bou hunt next year and can’t wait. So seeing sootlifes opening day success thread got me fired up to see if anyone else has been up there yet? I know it’s still go time but curious if anyone else is back yet!!

A buddy and I are wheels up on Saturday. We will be able to hunt from the 26th-5th. Hopefully that is plenty of time to get it done. The first two groups that have gone in with the outfitter have tagged out already.

We are doing a drop camp in 26B with Mosquito Valley Outfitters.

Last edited:

AKBorn

WKR
Good luck Wetwoods, post a story and pics when you return. Took my girlfriend to Alaska for 2 weeks this summer, so missing the fall hunt - planning to hunt caribou with 40 Mile next fall.

Just got back from sheep hunting w/ BRA. There were a couple of PIGS in their meat room that hopefully someone on here will share.

We passed on more giant caribou over the last two weeks than i would like to admit. Stupid sheep hunters. Shot a meat bull for some extra meat for the winter the day before we flew home. It sounded like people who were just out caribou hunting were doing very well.

OXN939

WKR
Jut got back from hunting with Arrowhead. Will post a full report, but killed a nice bull day four; the first three days, we saw 225-250 animals, out of which only 2 were mature bulls, and both of which were inaccessible. Conditions were challenging, but it ended up being a really incredible experience.

Last edited:

mproberts

WKR
Just got back from a hunt with arrowhead as well... it was an experience alright. I’ll post a full report when I get home in a few days.