Post Thanks / Like

2019 Caribou - Booked!

Flying in with 40 Mile in late August, always a great day when you confirm an AK hunt! Taking an old high school baseball teammate with me this year, his first time to Alaska.

VernAK, do you guys do separate caribou and moose trips, or go for both at the same time?

2. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many areas in 40 Mile do not allow both tags in possession simultaneously so most often
    it requires two trips. Our usual moose camp is 4-5 hunters so 1-2 will carry caribou tags.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on getting a flight with 40 mile air. I went with them in 2017 for caribou. Get ready for the hunt of you life. Can’t wait to go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcneil View Post
    Congratulations on getting a flight with 40 mile air. I went with them in 2017 for caribou. Get ready for the hunt of you life. Can’t wait to go back
    Thanks. Been flying in on hunts with 40 Mile since 2006; sounds like a long time, until you compare it to guys like VernAK who have been doing it much longer than me.

It is the adventure of a lifetime, for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    We’re you able to book with them without previously flying with them? They told me December 17th is the first day that new customers can book

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildatheart View Post
    We’re you able to book with them without previously flying with them? They told me December 17th is the first day that new customers can book
    I'm a repeat customer, been doing the 40 Mile hunt for just over a decade. That sounds like the correct date for new customers to check what bookings are available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year there weren't any spots by the time Dec 17th rolled around . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gznokes View Post
    Last year there weren't any spots by the time Dec 17th rolled around . . .
    Still worth a phone call on the 17th. If 40 Mile is fully booked, Wright Air out of Fairbanks is worth looking into.

Post Thanks / Like
    one of the best hunts ive done. highly recommend as a first alaskan or 'destination' type hunt for anyone from the lower 48

Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to have some info and advice on logistics for flying into fairbanks commercially then either driving or taking a charter over to tok to fly out to the bush.