Why choose Sitka Incinerator?

ba5592

WKR
Over a down jacket and a Downpour? Is it worth the extra cost if you already have a down piece?

OP
B

ba5592

WKR
Let me clarify the question. If you already have a down jacket, do you just buy the Downpour or is it worth the cost to get an Incinerator? Isn’t an Incinerator a featured down/GoreTex combo?

Im not sure about the incinerator but i like them to be seperate. You wont want to always use them together. I a puffy and the stormfront for my rain jacket. Whattever you get i think you will be happier keeping them seperate

Kotaman

WKR
For the tree stand or the mountains? No way I’m hauling my Incinerator in the mountains, but wouldn’t go without it in the tree stand sub zero. Most puffy’s are not rated for super cold temps. I guess my answer is it depends on your use. For the mountains I’m carrying a puffy and a Dewpoint. In the tree stand in temps below freezing, I’ll be wearing my Incinerator. We need more info...

OP
B

ba5592

WKR
It would be for stationary stand hunting in just above freezing and below. I do run cold and need something to cut the wind and moisture which is why I am thinking this over the Fanatic. I have a down jacket that I like so was contemplating just getting the Downpour as it seems the outer material is comparable. That being said, the Incinerator has some pretty nice features.

conhawa

Lil-Rokslider
Yes.....a goose down jacket under a gore tex jacket would offer you the same level of protection with the ability to shed a layer. I'm not sure if the updated Downpour is the same...but the old downpour had extremely narrow sleeves making it difficult to get on over another jacket.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Over a down jacket and a Downpour? Is it worth the extra cost if you already have a down piece?

The incinerator is a great jacket. It obviously is a Gortex material piece. I would run this over a down jack and a downpour. Most people I know run the down jacket as an outter layer to keep warmth in. I am assuming you wouldn't be able to fit the downpour jacket over the down jacket, but I could be wrong. If were to snow or rain the down jacket is going to get wet and then you will get cold. That's why most guys run the incinerator jacket for white tail hunting. If you're big game hunting out west that's a different story with different options.