Black Ovis Merino base layers question

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Do the Black Ovis merino base layers (that are on camofire right now) fit snugly or are they kinda like saggy? I cant figure out based on the picture, in the picture they look like they would give ya a major case of saggy ass? perhaps it just the photo they use though?

My current baselayers are badlands longitudes that fit snugly etc with stretch, was wondering how the black ovis ones fit?

Mine fit great. Bought the normal size I always wear. Fit just as good as my Sitka merino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
Mine fit great as well. I have the baselayer bottoms and the quarter zip top. I am happy with them.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I grabbed the 190 bottoms a while back, and they fit well. I don't remember if I went with my normal size or sized up.

I also grabbed the hoody, and sized up based on feedback from others. The sized up hoody is almost skin tight.

tecks

FNG
I have the quarter zip long sleeve top and I really like it. It fits well and size I nronally get. Actually looser than I expected but wouldn't change the fit of it. It dries really quickly and doesn't smell at all. Little itch when first put on but forgot about it. If you didn't get the base layers you should. I think worth the $

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
The hooded version ran small on me. A friend who purchased one for himself and his dad noticed this also. The short sleeve and long sleeve ran true to size though.

Have basically all of them and all run true to size for me as well except for the hooded version. Fits snugger than I would like. Other than that I were the quarter zip almost daily and it has held up awsome for the past year and a half.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Just used my Black Ovis merino for ten solid days in the backcountry. The mid weight hoody was the bomb the whole time. It was soaked in sweat and blood from two pack outs and never smelled. Looked awful tho!

Steelhead

FNG
7 days straight in one of their t-shirts for me. when i hike i sweat some and i was hiking (or packing out) from dark till dark the whole time. held up great and the shirt smelled a lot less than i did haha! they are a bit rough, not super soft but i didnt notice most of the time. wore the boxers half that time and they did great too. shirt wears true to size for me. boxers are a bit tight in the thigh area but a bit baggy elsewhere. i like the FL ones better.

Mikedlaw

Lil-Rokslider
Everything seems to fit true to size except the hoody. I'd size up 2 sizes in it unless you want it skin tight...

Savage99

WKR
Quarter zip XL fits like every other XL shirt I’ve ever had. The boxers in a L are fine at the waist (a little short in the crotch and tight there, as well as the legs). 6’4” 200lbs, 34/35 waist.