Kuiu Teton

ctsmith

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu Teton Discontinued

It looks like the Teton line was discontinued. Its been a while since I was on the Kuiu website so don't know when it happened. Anybody have the scoop? The Teton soft shell jacket and puffy were nice pieces at a very reasonable price.

Last edited:
I also found this out just yesterday while looking at their website. Chinook line is gone too, and the ultra nx rain gear. I'm wondering what will happen to kuiu now that Jason has passed away. It's difficult to get invested in their gear if they keep modifying/changing it or eliminating it totally. I suppose if the sales aren't there for some products then changes must be made.

The Teton line has been discontinued for quite some time, there have been pieces in the outlet for the last 6 months. I assume it just wasn’t selling well compared to their premium offerings. If a guy bought the whole system at once, the savings was there, but buying a piece at a time as I imagine most of us do, there’s just not s big difference between a $120 jacket and a $160 jacket, especially with their sales and outlet pricing.

I was surprised by the Ultra NX rain gear being discontinued, I have the jacket and love it for what it is. They claim it is very durable, I’m hoping that’s not the reason for dropping it, but rather people choosing the extra features of the Chugach instead.

The Kenai line was also discontinued, but the word is the Kenai 2.0 is on the way, lighter and more packable as the the Super Down Ultra line is.

I understand being frustrated by companies dropping products before you purchase them, but KUIU does seem to improve wherever they are able to. I got an email this morning about the Rubicon jacket being released, it appears to be a lighter and more wind/water resistant Guide.

I’m concerned about what Jason’s loss means for the future of KUIU as well, my hope is that the company is established enough to continue fulfilling his mission.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m sure sales is the big reason. Of the teton stuff I had I thought it was a great value and well made. Kuiu has been releasing stuff like the Sierra pants, rubicon jacket, antero shirt, enduro zipT and adding more solid colors to much of their line. I think this is where the customer demand is right now, stuff that can be worn for about anything at a bit lower price.

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sure sales is the big reason. Of the teton stuff I had I thought it was a great value and well made. Kuiu has been releasing stuff like the Sierra pants, rubicon jacket, antero shirt, enduro zipT and adding more solid colors to much of their line. I think this is where the customer demand is right now, stuff that can be worn for about anything at a bit lower price.

I haven’t bought any KUIU for a long time but I can see myself buying the Sierra pants and Rubicon jacket. They’re offering a much better selection of solid colours than their competitors.

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
The Ultra NX has been going away for quite some time already. Doubt this has anything to do with Jason, probably just products that aren't moving or are being improved (like the Ultra Kenai).