Worth rebuying system in Subalpine for western hunts?

SKYNET KC

FNG
I already own a good chunk of gear in Elevated II that I use for spring turkey and fall whitetail here in Missouri. I'm not heading out west this year, but next year I will probably be doing some hunting in the mountains of some kind.

Would it be worth my time and money to re-buy my system in Subalpine instead of just wearing what I have in Elevated II? My gut tells me no, but if there's a reason you guys think it would be necessary I'd like to hear it.

Generally nope.

I think a bigger issue may be that some gear in E2 just isn't ideal for Western hunts in terms of ventilation, movement, design, or weight.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

ericF

WKR
No, have the guys on here wear solid colors anyways, so a slightly non ideal pattern won't matter. Astoadmeister said though, the design and use of E2 will probably be a bigger issue than the pattern

I think it would be worth it only if your primary focus was hunting turkeys out west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
Colors / patterns don't matter at all, construction of the gear does.

I use the Fanatic Jacket, Stratus Pants for Whitetail, and I wouldn't dream of using them out west on an active mountain hunt.

Upcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Most definitely not. About half of my Sitka clothing is EV2 and I only hunt out here in NV, CA, UT, ID and it blends quite well. Especially in the rocky, granite terrain that I often find myself in.

Btaylor

WKR
I use the equinox pants and jacket in E2 and it works great for out west or early season around here. Have shot spring turkeys in it too.

WJS23

WKR
Save your money and put it towards a good pack or boots or glass or tags

Jardo

WKR
Only if your going early season and need lighter weight pants and shirt. Pattern would be no consideration for me... only the material and weight would be a factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk