Sitka Traverse Cold Weather Hoody

Just ordered one for deer hunting from the truck-spot n stalk and some treestand/ambush work around 40-50 degrees

Just looking for ideas on how to layer with it. I was thinking about a Merino shirt, heavy hoody, Kelvin light vest and the Traverse for an outer. Is that about right? Then maybe a Mountain Jacket to block the wind?

Any other ideas in how to build a system around it?

Its not quite "cold" yet but after a few sits for whitetails it doesn't take much for me to have chattering teeth walking back to the truck at dark.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
Think of the traverse cold weather as a heavy sweatshirt. It’s got no wind resistance, the wind will cut right through it, but it’s got some decent loft to it to keep you warm if it’s not windy, or under a hardshell.

I have one I wear as a jacket for around town and doing other non hunting stuff

OP
TradLife406
Think of the traverse cold weather as a heavy sweatshirt. It’s got no wind resistance, the wind will cut right through it, but it’s got some decent loft to it to keep you warm if it’s not windy, or under a hardshell.

I have one I wear as a jacket for around town and doing other non hunting stuff
Lol ordered one but might end up returning it. I'll keep clean and field test it one evening. I think a Kelvin Lite hoody and a Jetstream would be more versatile. The problem with Sitka is they make too many options and different ways to layer lol

bruno59

WKR
I have two that i use for hunting and a solid one i wear around town these things are warm i hunted thanksgiving week last year around lincoln mt. and all i had under was a FL charma it was in the high 30's and i was fine but i was moving, sitting still you are going to have to layer under it with a few pieces, its a little to bulky for me to wear something over it but then again i run a little warm by the way i live in great falls also

OP
TradLife406
I have two that i use for hunting and a solid one i wear around town these things are warm i hunted thanksgiving week last year around lincoln mt. and all i had under was a FL charma it was in the high 30's and i was fine but i was moving, sitting still you are going to have to layer under it with a few pieces, its a little to bulky for me to wear something over it but then again i run a little warm by the way i live in great falls also
Heck yeah, there's a few of us from here on here.

Yeah they say you can layer over it but it seems more of a shell. Maybe a Jetstream vest over it if need be?