Kuiu Super Down Pants

lonedave

WKR
For those of you that have either the Super Down or Super Down Pro pants, do the "full length zippers" actually completely open up the legs of the pants? It would seem to be a dumb question, but I've seen several other brands that say "full length zippers" and they don't actually open the leg completely. They either stop at the top or the bottom and you still have to slip your boot through the waist to put them on. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice to not have to put your muddy boots through the waist area. Maybe I'm just picky. I'd like to get a pair for glassing and I've been leaning toward either Western Mountaineering Flight pants, Goose feet gear, Kuiu Super Down Pro, and possibly Under Armour Ridge Reaper Alpine Ops Down, or Cabelas Instinct Down, though mostly the first three and leaning toward Kuiu. On a second note, does anyone have any comparisons between any of these? Thanks.

You do not have to put your boots through the waist area. They are great for glassing, IMO. I can't compare them to anything else though. They are all I have used.

I only use Kuiu lower layer, wool and the super down pants for the reason that they are the full length zippers and all you do is drop your pants with boots on and either put the layer on or off. So convenient when it is muddy, wet, and you can keep you boots on. It is also quick when you need to get moving when you spot an animal and know that you will be getting hot on the move!