Sitka System

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
Ive tried many different brands of hunting camo, Under Armour, Sitka, First Lite, etc.

Im wanting to put together a Sitka layering system for my northern BC rockies sheep hunt.

My thoughts so far on what I would need, let me know if Im missing anything or need to change something.

Merino Base layer (top and bottom)
Timberline pant
Traverse Zip-T
One of their hooded puffy jackets.
Thunderhead (jacket and pants) for Rain gear.
Gloves
Touque

I live on the west coast of BC so the rain gear to me is the most important piece as it will get a lot of useage here also..

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I would go with Stormfront or Coldfront over the Thunderhead. Much tougher rain gear.

I’d also consider the Apex Hoody over the Traverse. Been real impressed with that this fall.

Windstopper Vest would be the only addition IMO with what you have listed.

Trial153

WKR
Second the cold front. It's about as bomb proof as gortex you going to find.

Merino base top and bottom
Merino boxer breifs
Timberline pants
Stormfront gaiters ( new version )
Core heavy weight hoody
Jetstream vest
Kevin lite puffy or hoody
Cold front jacket
Cloud bust pants

OP
BCBowtech

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
I definately want bomb proof rain gear so Ill check into those ones too... I as considering the apex hoodie but wasnt sure if it would be too warm... I run hot usually.. So maybe go with the apex and a puffy vest instear of full hoodie version?

Gators I already have really good goretex ones. boxer briefs I run Saxx.. they are amazing. Smartwool socks..

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
For what you state, I'd definitely lean toward the Stormfront or Coldfront. I have and use both, the Coldfront is better for harsher, colder weather, and is heavier than the Stormfront as it has a light insulating layer. If you got bogged down with indecision don't hesitate to call Sitka, they have a pretty good team there that knows the gear, especially if you get a hold of Corey... : ) Worth a call if you are on the fence. IMHO

Kotaman

WKR
Regarding the rain gear: I assume you will want it somewhat packable? For me that eliminates the Cold Front. Awesome piece, but not packable. I’d go Stormfront.

I’m not a huge fan of the Traverse. The Apex is a fantastic piece. I’d keep the puffy as well. Here’s my sheep list:

Merino Base
Timberline Pant
Core Light Hoodie or Apex
Kelvin Lite Hoodie (Kelvin WS if later)
Dewpoint rain gear early, Storm Front Later or when rain is eminent.

I also recently added the Kodiak Rain jacket to the arsenal, and while not as packable as the Stormfront, it allows me to carry just the Celsius pant.