Late Season Pant Options (solid color)

aron

WKR
What pants do you guys prefer for late season when you'll be hunting in the snow and wind? I've used wool or wool blend but it is just so bulky. Looking for a solid color warmer then Sitka Timberline or Kuiu Attacks. Dont care if it is hunting or mountaineering company.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Take a look at the Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Lined pants. Nice and warm without the bulk. Basically the guide pro with a fleece liner. Just watch wearing around the house unless you enjoy a good shock fest because they seem to build up some static. :D

OP
A

aron

WKR
Thanks for the feedback. I was considering the Kuiu guides just wished they came in solid colors.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Forest

WKR
Never had the guides, but I cant imagine them being much if any warmer than the timberlines. The attacks are much more comparable to the mountains (I have both). If not super active the kelvin or ultra down pant would be warm but a bit bulky. Sitka does have a step up in warmth and waterproof, coldfronts maybe they're called?? Super $$$$$ last I looked.....

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
the timberlines are way warmer than the apex
This ^

Apex Pants are an early season pant. Very thin and athletic fitting. Timberline are Sitka's colder weather pants. If I ever needed something warmer I added the Coldfront pants over the top.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve got right around 30 days of December Montana mountain lion hunting starting the day at down to -23F switching off between Sitka Timberlines and Mountain pants. Can’t beat them. The waterproof knees and seat of the Timberlines are definitely worth the extra $$. Knee pads on both will leave you wondering how you did it without them in the past.

Trial153

WKR
The Dakota are super warm late season pants...too warm for most active hunting. However some make run colder then I do. I only use them when i am sitting a lot.
The Grinders are basically the same weight and material as the mountain pants, pockets are different...4 way stretch material and pockets on the thighs that will vent. These are far and away my favorite all around pants after using the hell out of them this September

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Dakota are super warm late season pants...too warm for most active hunting. However some make run colder then I do. I only use them when i am sitting a lot.
The Grinders are basically the same weight and material as the mountain pants, pockets are different...4 way stretch material and pockets on the thighs that will vent. These are far and away my favorite all around pants after using the hell out of them this September

Nice! Throwing the waterfowl pants in the mix! : ) My buddy used the Grinders moose hunting, and really likes them. Those Dakota's in a solid look like some warm pants!

Trial153

WKR
Nice! Throwing the waterfowl pants in the mix! : ) My buddy used the Grinders moose hunting, and really likes them. Those Dakota's in a solid look like some warm pants!
I like the grinders better then any other sitka pants at this point, and I have or had them all.