Experience with peloton zip off bottoms

snowplow

WKR
I have the firstlite allhegeny 230 bottoms. They are perfect but lm looking for something that dries out much faster. Im in PNW.

How does the Peloton zip off bottoms compare? The warmest ones are 200s. Are they comparable in warmth to the marino 230?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you're going for warmth I'd look around to see if you can get any of the kenai pants in good shape on the used market, those are light/toasty.

My experience with their 200wt is the gloves, those do dry pretty quick (way quicker than similar polartec 100 gloves).

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Really just looking for something that's the same as my Merino that doesn't stay wet for 2 days LOL

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In my system that weight base layer doesn't have a place but you may differ. I run the lighter weight baselayer to take off the chill or provided the extra needed warmth when active in the cold (where I think the 200s would be too warm), then if needed for sitting I use the kenai for leg insulation as the warmth to weight is really high.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I ran the 200 for about a week under tiburons. Perfect warmth for the chilly morning air. They dry crazy fast except the for the waist band which is mostly elastic.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Thanks guys

What do you think the peloton equivelent of 230 weight marino is?

I would guess that 200 Pelotons (I have these) would be slightly warmer than 230 G merino bottoms (only have Chama tops for comparison). They are warmer than I need so I only use the 130 bottoms.