Layers under DCS Guide Jacket

B-P-UU

FNG
I have a Kuiu guide jacket as my primary outer layer. What are you guys using for cold weather mid-layers underneath that aren't too bulky? I had a cheap down jacket, but it makes a big mess with feathers on the inside of my guide jacket.
Will be used in ND for deer and coyotes mostly.. temps from 40 to -20. I realize 1 item wont work for that range of temps - more curious to learn what's worked well for others.

Thanks in advance.

ianpadron

WKR
I like the 240 peloton or the Kenai underneath my guide depending on the weather.

They layer great.
I have a Kuiu guide jacket as my primary outer layer. What are you guys using for cold weather mid-layers underneath that aren't too bulky? I had a cheap down jacket, but it makes a big mess with feathers on the inside of my guide jacket.
Will be used in ND for deer and coyotes mostly.. temps from 40 to -20. I realize 1 item wont work for that range of temps - more curious to learn what's worked well for others.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Vargasm

FNG
In cold weather I usually start with a merino baselayer, then a peloton 200 hoodie, after that if needed I got an Arc’teryx atom LT insulated jacket on sale a few years ago. All of that fits pretty good under my size large guide jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my Guide Jacket (and pants) to fit relatively close and snug, so there really isn't room under it to add much bulk. I typically have a full set of 185 merino next to skin, and I follow that with Sitka Core Heavyweight top and bottoms in colder weather. If needed, I've got enough room to add my Arcteryx down vest under the jacket. If I need more warmth it's going on top, and that's always a puffy down Helios Jacket.

I went with a larger size guide jacket to add layering capability. It ended up fitting snug anyway.

I have worn a FL uncomfargen under it. iWork’s but I find the sleeves slim so it I layer under it, I do it with a vest if I can. I still get. Most of the warmth without the tight feeling in the arms.

OP
B

B-P-UU

FNG
I like the 240 peloton or the Kenai underneath my guide depending on the weather.

They layer great.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

on the 240, do you step down a size? my guide jacket is XL and fits pretty well - there is room for layering under. needed the XL for length more than anything.

bhowren

Lil-Rokslider
I use Merino Base layer, Kenai if needed, and/or Down vest. Usually my arms don't get cold, thus the vest.