Comfort Clothes

Adkjake

FNG
I'll be leaving for an 7 day elk/mule deer backpack hunt in central Idaho in a little over a week and I'm straightening out some last minute pack editions. I'm thinking about packing some warm dry comfort clothes to change into at camp and in my sleeping bag. I'm thinking a pair of fleece sweat pants and sweat shirt in a trash bag to keep dry. I guess my question is, is it worth the weight and is this something that other guys do?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Not even in base camp. I'm wearing my hunting clothes until it's time to climb into my sleeping bag, and then I keep my merino base top and bottom and liner socks on to sleep in.

If I am truck camping, I'll bring a spare set of hiking/scouting clothes. If I'm backpacking in, I'm only taking the essentials. I sleep in my merino base layers. A puffy jacket keeps me comfortable at camp.

OP
A

Adkjake

FNG
That's exactly what I did this spring hunting bears. Merino base layers and a puffy when it got cold. I guess I'm just over thinking it.

Trial153

WKR
I wouldn’t, unless it’s was cloths that served two functions. For example puffy pants and jacket to sleep in for added comfort in lower temps and I can use them when glassing or if the weather turns to shit.

OP
A

Adkjake

FNG
Where you comfortable? If you weren't then make an adjustment.

I was but the weather was favorable so I'm trying to plan for cold shitty weather if that's the case. That being said I do have rain gear and merino layers. So I guess I'm just trying to over pack as usual.

Thanks for the help guys.

NickID

FNG
I did this with a heavier base layer for archery and it worked well. Dry and warm layer to wear before climbing in the bag at the end of a long day. Then if wet or colder than expected, I had additional layers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaron14

Lil-Rokslider
I just sleep in my base layers, but occasionally bring along an extra pair of socks just for camp. It's nice to be able to take the funky ones off at the end of the day and put on dry ones.

mcseal2

WKR
If I'm cooking real food at base camp I will. If I cook bacon for example I don't want to do it in my hunting clothes. Otherwise I don't. Even if I do it's often just a different hoody and puffy jacket and I wear the same pants.

Lately even at base camp our cooking is pretty minimal. I like to keep my Aerowool base layers on in my bag to dry out from any sweating I did in them.

n2horns

WKR
I wouldn’t, unless it’s was cloths that served two functions. For example puffy pants and jacket to sleep in for added comfort in lower temps and I can use them when glassing or if the weather turns to shit.

everything should have a 2nd use, or it stays back. I do use 1 pair of clean socks to sleep in, change our of stanky ones.

Sionoo

FNG
For different occasions we wear different Clothes but it should be Comfortable in the way of Design and Contrast. And contrast should be obviously comfortable for children and babies. Some people have issues to related contrast like allergy and infection. Main thing is that when we are in kitchen and cook some food then we should not wear Nylon because it gets burn easily and its harmful.

gwl79902

WKR
If you are base camping at the car then yes I would bring an extra set of comfort cloths, why not. If you have some down time and just hanging out it is nice. I would not pack in an extra set if it were me. If anything I would take an extra pair of socks. I would however have a second set at the car so if I got weathered out of something I could change there.