Ordered Some Kryptek Altitude

KHNC

WKR
Now all i need is a Flat Bill!

Got the Bora Jacket, Tora Pants and 1/2 zip shirt. I am about to become the deadliest predator on the North American continent! I even have a Bowtech Realm X in the same pattern on the way.

Its all about how you look on the mountain!

;)

Seriously, has anyone besides Ryan tried this stuff? First time buying clothing like this.

I've wanted to try those pants since they were released but damn that price is outrageous. Be interested to hear how they work out.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
Yeah the price is just stupid! Kind of kicking myself since i did it! But everything i have read about the Schoeller material is very positive. I will using it in some very cold montana november conditions. It should get a real test out there. It seems kind of light for something that is supposed to be extreme gear. I will be layering merino and a puffy for sure.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will using it in some very cold montana november conditions. It should get a real test out there. It seems kind of light for something that is supposed to be extreme gear.

Any update on the Altitude line? I'm in the market for new rain gear and I've been eyeing the stuff.

Any update on the Altitude line? I'm in the market for new rain gear and I've been eyeing the stuff.

Pretty limited feedback after nearly 2 years on market!

The current 30% off deal got me to spring for the tora pants, still too expensive but I’m looking forward to trying them out.

theedz

WKR
I will chime in with my experience this year, as little as it is. I ran the Tora pants for most of the hunting seasons, from late August Antelope hunting into Mid November Archery deer hunting. These are the best pants I have tried, BUT my closet has been very limited (no Sitka or Kuiu). I am of a slimmer, athletic build and they fit nice for me. Kept me cool in the heat by breathing and I added baselayers when needed as the temperatures dropped, was able to get down into the low 40s "sitting" and was comfortable. What I liked the most about these pants is they seemed durable, at least more than the Alios and for sure the Valhalla pants by Kryptek. Don't know if this helped anyone, but that is what I found. These are my go to pants for most of the season and when the weather got colder went to Cadog pants. I never once went to my alios or valhalla pants instead of these, so they will be up for sale sometime in the future.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
Sorry, just saw the replies. I used the Tora pants and Bora jacket on my MOntana hunt. Never once got cold while hiking in snowy conditions the full week. Sitting, i was chilly after about an hour. This was due to sweat im sure. I wore one layor of merino under the pants and two layers under the jacket. Temps were in the 30's most of the trip and a couple times in the 20's. After that hunt i continued to use both during the SC deer season. Was able to sit comfortable for 3-4 hours in treestand with same layers of merino and a puffy in 30-50 degree ranges. I am very pleased with the gear. I am not pleased that they offered a 30% discount shortly after i forked out full price! OUCH!

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, just saw the replies. I used the Tora pants and Bora jacket on my MOntana hunt. Never once got cold while hiking in snowy conditions the full week. Sitting, i was chilly after about an hour. This was due to sweat im sure. I wore one layor of merino under the pants and two layers under the jacket. Temps were in the 30's most of the trip and a couple times in the 20's. After that hunt i continued to use both during the SC deer season. Was able to sit comfortable for 3-4 hours in treestand with same layers of merino and a puffy in 30-50 degree ranges. I am very pleased with the gear. I am not pleased that they offered a 30% discount shortly after i forked out full price! OUCH!

Thank you for the update! I've been close to pulling the trigger on the rain gear but I haven't read any reviews on the stuff other than from sponsored folks, which I'm reluctant to take as gospel.

LJ Buck

WKR
Have the rain gear, tora pant as well as half zip. My favorite mountain hunting line so far. I have worn most brands and different pants from each (FL, Sitka) and used them all for more then 30+ days. The rain gear breathes amazing. The tora pants are the best I have worn. Half zip shirt is amazingly comfortable but I still prefer a merino base layer on 3+ day trip.

Remember it’s made from Scholer Fabrics which in my eyes and many mountering coummunties around the world the best textile for technical clothing!!! Super $$$ but is bad ass. Wish they had more in solids.

Note on the Camo did surprise me how well it looked above tree line. Only thing that companies to optifade imo.

I got a pair of the tora pants with the recent sales and have mixed feelings. I’ll give em a shot but not positive I’ll prefer over attack pants. Kind of wish I would have tried the new kuiu pro pant instead.

-The fabric seems great but I haven’t given it a good test yet
-knee pads are unobtrusive but will be nice if needed
-zipper at bottom will make it easy to roll them up if needed for stream crossing
-comfortable against your skin
-Good fit from knees up. I ordered 32” model and typically wear 33-34 jeans

Things I’m not in love with:
- hip zips are basically just cargo pockets with thin breathable material that won’t allow airflow like kuiu hip zips
- inseam is too long (I wear 32” jeans) and you can’t simply hem them because of zipper and snaps on bottom
- too baggy below the knees, expect fabric will swish when rubbing on other leg when striding and it just looks bad especially combined with excessive length

Someone on the tundra talk podcast mentioned the rain gear leaking and someone being so pissed they tossed it out after a sheep hunt

Titan_Bow

WKR
I got a pair of the tora pants with the recent sales and have mixed feelings. I’ll give em a shot but not positive I’ll prefer over attack pants. Kind of wish I would have tried the new kuiu pro pant instead.

-The fabric seems great but I haven’t given it a good test yet
-knee pads are unobtrusive but will be nice if needed
-zipper at bottom will make it easy to roll them up if needed for stream crossing
-comfortable against your skin
-Good fit from knees up. I ordered 32” model and typically wear 33-34 jeans

Things I’m not in love with:
- hip zips are basically just cargo pockets with thin breathable material that won’t allow airflow like kuiu hip zips
- inseam is too long (I wear 32” jeans) and you can’t simply hem them because of zipper and snaps on bottom
- too baggy below the knees, expect fabric will swish when rubbing on other leg when striding and it just looks bad especially combined with excessive length

Someone on the tundra talk podcast mentioned the rain gear leaking and someone being so pissed they tossed it out after a sheep hunt

Aside from the fabric they are made out of, do they seem to be better construction than the rest of the kryptek line? Or are you simply paying more for the fabric and camo pattern? Are they made in China like everything else, or does the added price include not only better fabrics, but also better construction?

Aside from the fabric they are made out of, do they seem to be better construction than the rest of the kryptek line? Or are you simply paying more for the fabric and camo pattern? Are they made in China like everything else, or does the added price include not only better fabrics, but also better construction?

I couldn’t tell you how they compare to other kryptek as I don’t really own anything else from them.