What’s your favorite all around Pants?

lacofdfireman

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some nice all around Pants that would be good for work and play. And no I don’t mean Levi’s. I’ve been considering the Kuiu Sierra pants or the Attack pants. Great return policy if they don’t fit and they can be had in my size which is a plus. I’m a 40x34-35 depending on the pants. I also like that the Sierra pants have 2 way stretch and the Attack pants have 4 way stretch. Makes pants so comfy.

Right now I wear mostly LuLu Lemon I know, I know but don’t knock them until you’ve tried the ABC (anti ball crushing technology) pants, they are incredible for comfort but they lack in pockets and outdoor hiking, hunting etc. Also I don’t want Camo. Solid colors only.

So what’s your go to pant for your hunting, camping working etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only two hunting/hiking type pants I’ve used are the attacks and pRana Zion’s. I really like both. I’ve started wearing the pranas more for early season since they’re a little thinner material and the attacks later in the year. However, I used to wear the attacks early season and didn’t have an issue. The hip vents work really well. I think the attacks are a great all around pant. I’ve worn them still Hunting in Kansas in 7 degree weather with a mid weight fleece base layer and the Kuiu gaiters and don’t remember getting cold on my legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kipper09

WKR
Duluth dry on the fly flex for warmer weather. Kuiu attack if it’s a little cooler. Also really like the arborwear canopy pants

akspudus

FNG
I do like my First Lite Corrugate Guide Pants. They fit well..have nice features. Stretch and move well when climbing over things.
They also look good enough to wear around town....and not look like your wearing hunting pants.

Kuhl Renegades are definitely my favorite. I love those pants but man they are pricey. I just picked up some new Wrangler pants from WalMart that appear to be very similar. They are a 90/10 Nylon Spandex and have a nice padded waistband but I haven’t gotten to give them a thorough testing yet.

satchamo

WKR
First lite corrugates are the best active hunt/hiking pant I've worn. I've tried the prana and they're ok but the first lite is better in about every way.

The corrugates are extremely comfortable and can take a beating. They're so stretchy that it's hard to cause tears or holes by snagging them on things.

I wear the Wrangler pants. My daily work pant for the last year and a half, I have 5-6 pairs and plan to add more. I like em better than the Zion’s I have.

Wapiti1

WKR
3rd vote for the Wrangler outdoor pants. I have about a year on two pair, and they are holding up very well. They made it through turkey season where many pants succumb to tears from briars. That said, they are weekend pants. I wear FR rated clothes for work.

Jeremy

OP
L

lacofdfireman

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been really wanting to try the Kuiu Attack pants but keep reading that they fit sorta like skinny jeans although they are stretchy. I’ve got some big legs so these might not work for me unfortunately. Maybe have to look into the FL Guides or maybe even wranglers for everyday use.

NV HUNTER

WKR
I love my Kuiu gear! But I bought a pair of the Costco pants, and was really impressed. For $18... Nice everyday type pant. My work clothes are slacks and collared shirts, so they do not get worn everyday, but scouting and dove season they got used.

Like most i love my kuiu gear. But recently picked up some from sportman wesrhouse brand Rustic Ridge and they now have a spot in my bag. Nothing speci but I like them.

After reading about them on this forum I tried the Eddie Bauer Guide chinos and when on sale they can be had for as little as 35-40 bucks. They are absolutely the most comfortable pants I have ever worn. I am 6’2” and weigh 275. 40” waist and huge thighs. Most pants are tight in the thigh these fit great.

mtnkid85

WKR
Check out Roscoe Outdoors pants. Both the Washakie and the hell roaring are my all time favorite pants. They are a smaller local Montana company.

Beendare

WKR
Those Kuiu Tetons fit the bill for what you want as a warm weather pant. I have the older iteration and the newer- about the same though they used to name them something else.

They are lighter/cooler than jeans, have a little stretch and don't have that tight skinny jean feel.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kuiu tiburons, easy to layer under and the material wears nicer than the attacks.

Wrangler stretch nylon are very nice and I don’t think anything can beat them for the money. I can’t justify the kuiu Sierra pants over them since the Sierra pants don’t have vents or a closure on the back pockets.

If skre ever makes their hardscrabble pants in a solid color I would be all over them. That fabric amazes me with how durable, breathable, stretchy it is. Usually one of those features is compromised.

oldgoat

WKR
I don't like the Zions for hunting, but they are awesome for everything else. I like pants that have suspender loops like the pants from First Lite when I'm wearing a pack. If I didn't have just enough gut to get pinched between belt buckle and pack waist belt it probably wouldn't matter!