Women’s Puffy

dkime

WKR
Hey guys, we’re trying to track down some insulating layers. These are mostly going to be used for treestands it’s this time of year so packability isn’t exactly the first requirement but it’d be a really nice added bonus. We’ve tried flipping through REI but haven’t found anything that quite fits the bill. I was told that she wants a hood so i guess that would be the only requirement. Thoughts?

Montbell has a good selection. Last I checked the permafrost was on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Kevlin with WS is an oven and works good as an outer layer and under a shell.

I second the Sitka kelvin. They did an awesome job with their women’s line. The kelvin is super warm, but depending on where y’all will be, depends if she’ll need more. So I would say base layer- the women’s core heavyweight hoodie(the cuff rolls out into a half glove and has a face mask!!), the kelvin active, and then the kelvin. As a girl, we get cold and fast! I would definitely be prepared with more layers than you think she needs, especially if worrying about weight and packability isn’t an issue. And don’t forget snacks!

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
And really you should consider the Women’s Fanatic set from Sitka. Then she will be WARM. Again, it is cut different and has additional features that the men’s version does not.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
And really you should consider the Women’s Fanatic set from Sitka. Then she will be WARM. Again, it is cut different and has additional features that the men’s version does not.

I second this for treestand hunting. The Sitka kelvin is a good women’s fit though and warm. I don’t think it’s super loud either, although I didn’t test that against other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
Friend of mine uses the Mtn Hard Ghost Whisperer. Says it’s crazy warm, but the outer material is thin. Wouldn’t want to be rubbing up on trees. Even a Patagonia Hooded down sweater would do the trick.

Friend of mine uses the Mtn Hard Ghost Whisperer. Says it’s crazy warm, but the outer material is thin. Wouldn’t want to be rubbing up on trees. Even a Patagonia Hooded down sweater would do the trick.

Ghost whisper is Great warm ultra light peice, their stretch puffy is best all around option, extremely quit, and has dull finish,

slick

WKR
Ghost whisper is Great warm ultra light peice, their stretch puffy is best all around option, extremely quit, and has dull finish,

She’s an avid rock climber and backpacker. Weight was a major factor for her. She has worn it hunting, but I wouldn’t recommend it for busting brush.