Question for Sitka/Kuiu expierenced users

Nrth16

FNG
I am looking to get a mitt for late season hunting for colorado and Wisconsin. I am debating between the Sitka Blizzard GTX and the KUIU Trigger Glomitt.

Sitka seems to just be a mitt to keep warm. A draw cord, wear a liner underneath and would have to take it off to shoot.

Kuiu seems to have put their minds together on this one. Trigger finger, draw cord dont have to take it off maybe???

Anyway what are your thoughts. I have tried on the Sitka mitt but not the Kuiu. I tried the cold front gtx by sitka but wasn't a fan.

Thanks for your help

I have found non hunting companies to be better for gloves. Outdoor Research and some skiing companies offer some nice stuff. However, out of the two I lean to Kuiu.

johnhenry

Lil-Rokslider
Mountain Hardware for great gloves and mitts from light weight to expedition. Also Black Diamond - great gloves

Sevobuck

Lil-Rokslider
I second what others have said. Sitka makes good clothing but those mountaineering companies have been in the game for even longer. Go to REI or similar and take a look at gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericF

WKR
I have the Grizzly's from First Lite and just got the Kuiu Trigger Glommit last week. The Grizzly's are nice, but they are huge. The Kuiu Glommit is a little more compact and something that I feel like I can shoot with. The Grizzly's I felt were a little too big and bulky with the Kuius being about 3/5'ths to 4/5'ths the size of the Grizzly's so still a nice size, but a little more manageable.

Kotaman

WKR
I have the Grizzly's from First Lite and just got the Kuiu Trigger Glommit last week. The Grizzly's are nice, but they are huge. The Kuiu Glommit is a little more compact and something that I feel like I can shoot with. The Grizzly's I felt were a little too big and bulky with the Kuius being about 3/5'ths to 4/5'ths the size of the Grizzly's so still a nice size, but a little more manageable.

I agree 100%...I could NOT shoot in the Grizz Mitts. (and whats the point of a shooting finger on a mitten if you can't shoot with it on.)

FlyGuy

WKR
I agree 100%...I could NOT shoot in the Grizz Mitts. (and whats the point of a shooting finger on a mitten if you can't shoot with it on.)
I guess I never thought of them as shooting mitts. I thought that's why they had the features on them, so you could quickly sling them off for precision activities, like shooting, and use the liners without the putter mitten dropping to the ground. To me, the finger in the mitten just makes them (a great deal) more practical than pure mitts for activities like glassing or digging in your pack in extremely cold weather. And you can tuck your pointer finger in with the other 3 for added warmth without removing the gloves.

Having said all that. I havent looked at those kuiu gloves at all. They may be a big improvement. Hard to imagine a smaller glove would be as warm though but maybe they are.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk