First Lite Rain Paints???

steve s

Lil-Rokslider
Any recommendations on First Lite Stormtight vs Seak rain pants?

Also advice on sizing? I typically wear medium in FL pants (6ft 175lbs). I would wear them over corrugate pants 90% of the time.

Thanks

I have the original storm tights so assume sizing is the same. I think the boundary is the new version. I wear an xl corrugate and xl storm tight was fine so I assume they are true to size. My stormtoghts have taken a beating. Lots of snags and some tearing. They are great “just in case”pants. I have a set of kuius that I take if I am expecting rain or plan to bust some brush.

I have had the storm tight top and bottoms. I love them. The pants are super light and I put them on whenever I am going to sit on the snow or wet ground. They are easy off and on as the zippers go all the way up so you can leave your boots on. I would not wear them bush busting, but I have worn them many times in the Idaho sage and I don't have any tears in them. I always carry them in my pack all the time "just in case" because I have learned what happens in the back country when you are out there for days with what you have! They are durable enough for most applications. I wear them while field dressing/de-boning as the blood comes right out. Hope this helps.

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
I have the new SEAK pants, I really haven't had a chance to try them, it's been dry here. They fit the same as other FL pants. They seam to be well built and tough like the jacket.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I have the new SEAK pants, I really haven't had a chance to try them, it's been dry here. They fit the same as other FL pants. They seam to be well built and tough like the jacket.

Do you plan on running them with the overalls or finding a belt? I’m having an internal dilemma about whether I should bring the overalls or not on my next trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rblosser

Lil-Rokslider
I ran the Seak pants and jacket this year on a Alaska caribou hunt. They preformed perfect, a few days straight of rain and I was dry.

Bro Mo

FNG

Also advice on sizing? I typically wear medium in FL pants (6ft 175lbs). I would wear them over corrugate pants 90% of the time.

Thanks
If living in the pants like here in the PNW, get the SEAK and wear them directly over base layer(s). I'm pretty happy with the value of Nomad Hailstorm for the same purpose but they leak a little in the knee seem. (~4" damp spot after a day in sustained rain)

If packing as over pants shell for just in case, something cheaper like marmot precip would have better value. I hunted a couple seasons in the PNW with marmot precip pants and wore them pretty much 24/7. They were amazing pants for a long time (10+ years) in gnarly weather for me and can be had for $50.

MKeeter

FNG

Thanks
Steve Is your Fierce 300wsm still for sale? I’m still climbing towards my 10 comments for access to the classifieds....

Cmirly

FNG
I ran the Seak pants and jacket this year on a Alaska caribou hunt. They preformed perfect, a few days straight of rain and I was dry.
This is good to hear! I just bought the jacket and was hoping I made the right decision.